Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving my 2016 MDX AWD I've noticed that it feels like its leaning to one side (passenger side). I feel that this throws off the handling of the vehicle quite a bit. When I look at my MDX on the outside it does not look like it is leaning to the passenger side. However when driving it almost constantly feels like its leaning to to the passenger side, even when I'm the only person in the vehicle. When a passenger is in the car with me the lean is even more pronouced to that side. Could the springs or struts be weak, frame issues? I purchased the car last April as a certified used car and its still under the basic warranty. I had it in the shop to perform an unrelated issue and I brought it up at that time but they did not notice anything different or unusual. Any thoughts or suggestions on what may be causing this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Park it on level ground and measure at the top of the fender well to the ground.

The front two should be the same or close, same for the back two fender wells, they should be close to the same.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Park it on level ground and measure at the top of the fender well to the ground.

The front two should be the same or close, same for the back two fender wells, they should be close to the same.
This is where you start. It's called checking Ride Height. If the numbers are even as mentioned above, recheck with someone standing on each door sill with the door open. That loads the suspension, and may point to a problem with a coil spring if the extra loading makes one side vary from the other.

Another quick check is to swap the front tires side to side. If the handling changes, look for a tire problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts