Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m hoping i find some real answers here as i cannot figure this out. Bought a 2016 advance mdx about 10mo ago and is as had been great. About a month ago, without any priors or accidents, my tailgate opens and closes the correct way when it feels like it. I used to be able to open/close with the fob, door button and button on the tail gate. Car both on/off, worked great! Now i have a “power tailgate problem” message on the dash and i have to manually push up/down the tailgate. It does the open procedures when i hit the button on the tailgate but it stays shut, i have to raise it manually. Weird thing is that it works when it wants to, sometimes yes, most times no.

Has anyone had this issue before?

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are known issues on the 2017 models about the tailgate switch sometimes not working in cold weather and the repair was to replace the switch. Mine was done under warranty and have had no issues since. I'm not saying my problem and yours are related directly, but it does make one think a bit. I'm assuming yours in not under a warranty any longer? I don't believe it is a major job to replace that switch, and is something you might wish to do yourself, IF perhaps Acura suggests that it could be the switch. You might want to check with them to see if the switch replacement would perhaps be covered as it was a known issue. I hope your 2016 falls into the affected vehicles group.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tailgate switch, thank you Lorenzo I might try that. Funny thing is, it JUST worked! Is like something is loose. But ill give that a shot. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts