Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2016 MDX (Advance and Entertainment Package) showing up this weekend to my dealer.

I have the large split screen video screen. I have a couple questions about it if someone can help me.

1) Does it come with wireless headphones?
2) If I have 2 kids wanting to watch 2 different videos - what are my options (I assume there's only one dvd player?).

2b) - For a long road trip are there ways to save movies to a hard drive or thumb drive to play multiple movies without the need for so many dvds and if so - are there multiple inputs for each so that I can use two hard drives or two thumb drives?

I'll wait to hear what some here say before asking in more detail and getting ahead of myself.

Thanks guys/gals!

·
Registered
54 Posts
1) Yes it comes with two sets of wireless headphones

2) You can play 2 different sources at the same time via the DVD player and the HDMI port

3) I'm not sure of a way to play movies off of a thumb drive - just via the DVD player, HDMI port, or the composite input (red, white, yellow). I usually plug my iPad in via HDMI adapter and play all saved movies off that.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2) You can play 2 different sources at the same time via the DVD player and the HDMI port

Hope it helps!
Thank you!

About the HDMI port - could I theoretically get another small DVD player and use that as another input? Sorry to sound naive. My last vehicle I bought was an 08 Buick Enclave - right before many of the nicer bells and whistles were out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow okay - so you can set up an Xbox (360?)? I thought maybe the Xbox360 required too much power.

Thanks!

We used this setup on a 15+ hour trip.

There are two wireless headsets. My boys used their plugin beats headsets instead. There are jacks in the back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts