Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find an engine air filter for my 2016 MDX? AutoZone.com only has one in their expensive K&N line, but none in their standard STP line. The FRAM website doesn't list an engine air filter for a 2016 MDX, although they show cabin and oil filters. I can't figure out what Acura calls it, so I've failed at all websites that use Acura part names. Why don't they call it "air filter" or "engine air filter". I've tried searching just "filter" at Acura parts sites, and couldn't find it. The search engines at Acura parts sites are horrible. Can they please just pay Google to be their search engine?

The local AutoZone guy told me it is "too new". I bought the car in Feb. 2016 and it has 15,000 miles. The engine air filter is filthy. With shipping, the K&N filter is over $50. I can't even tell what Acura charges on line since I can't find it.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's not that difficult to find. I went to our sponsor oemacuraparts.com, entered the model year, etc, and in the left column near the top it has a category "air cleaners". Click on that, then click on the relevant part, and you come to the engine filter: ELEMENT ASSY., AIR CLEANER for 2016 Acura MDX 5-DOOR|17220-5J6-A10 : Acura Parts | OEM Acura Parts | Factory Acura Parts. For the cabin filter look at the bottom of the left column and find "heater blower" and click on that for the parts explosion, then click on the filter to get ELEMENT FILTER for 2016 Acura MDX 5-DOOR|80292-SDA-407 : Acura Parts | OEM Acura Parts | Factory Acura Parts.

I just took my '16 in for the B16 service. The dealer charged me about $85 for the two filters - far over MSRP and double what I would have paid at oemacuraparts.com. They first told me that the service would cost $220, but then the add'l $85 for the filters, and when I was ready to go it was $500. Apparently a mouse got into vent and they had to clean it out. Maybe, but raising the price of the filters by 60% over list is price gouging. I didn't buy my car from them - I went to Seattle and saved $1000 - and they apparently intend to make me pay for that. I can't wait until I am out of warranty - in fact I may start looking for an independent sooner.

Greg

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For my 2014 MDX I bought the engine air filter, cabin air filter, and oil filter from Acura. They're not that expensive.

I just did a quick (less than a minute) for an engine air filter for your 2016 - Google->(search for)Acura parts->(select hit)AcuraOemParts->(enter)2016 MDX->(select)Air Filter->

The filter element is shown in the parts breakdown at a cost of $18.71. The retail price appears to be $24.95 so even if you walked into your Acura dealer parts department to get one it's likely not all that expensive.

While you're at it go ahead and get a cabin air filter as well. Both of these filters take only a couple of minutes to replace - very easy to do yourself. If you're the type to change the oil kyourself go ahead and buy some oil filters and filter washers as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys, I already order and reserve :smile2: both of filters for my '17 (even not expensive from part dept of dealer).
FYI: I never pay a dime for stealer do that (over price & labor for nothing). :14:

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's not that difficult to find. I went to our sponsor oemacuraparts.com, entered the model year, etc, and in the left column near the top it has a category "air cleaners". Click on that, then click on the relevant part, and you come to the engine filter: ELEMENT ASSY., AIR CLEANER for 2016 Acura MDX 5-DOOR|17220-5J6-A10 : Acura Parts | OEM Acura Parts | Factory Acura Parts. For the cabin filter look at the bottom of the left column and find "heater blower" and click on that for the parts explosion, then click on the filter to get ELEMENT FILTER for 2016 Acura MDX 5-DOOR|80292-SDA-407 : Acura Parts | OEM Acura Parts | Factory Acura Parts.

I just took my '16 in for the B16 service. The dealer charged me about $85 for the two filters - far over MSRP and double what I would have paid at oemacuraparts.com. They first told me that the service would cost $220, but then the add'l $85 for the filters, and when I was ready to go it was $500. Apparently a mouse got into vent and they had to clean it out. Maybe, but raising the price of the filters by 60% over list is price gouging. I didn't buy my car from them - I went to Seattle and saved $1000 - and they apparently intend to make me pay for that. I can't wait until I am out of warranty - in fact I may start looking for an independent sooner.

Greg

:surprise::surprise::surprise: that;s crazy to ask that much for labor, even if it is to clean out mouse remains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts