Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2016 MDX is experiencing two different problems with the door locks and I'm hoping that the MDXers community can help.

1) The rear passenger door sporadically fails to unlock when we either touch the handle or use the key fob. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes we have to use the fob or button on the arm rest to re-lock and then unlock, and sometimes it doesn't work at all and we have to manually unlock from the inside. My daughter's car seat is on this side of the car so this door does get heavy use.

2) The MDX has a feature where the doors auto lock once you reach a given speed. On ours car it attempts to cycle the locks every time you pull away from a stop, even if all the doors are locked.

I'm wondering if the two are related? Perhaps the sensor or wiring for the "door is locked" sensor on the passenger rear door is faulty. If the computer thinks that door is always unlocked then it could definitely explain #2, but I'm not sure it would explain #1 since my assumption is that all the doors are locked or unlocked together (unless you click once for the drivers door) and the computer would not selectively only unlock a door that it detects is locked.

Has anybody run into similar issues?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I found the MDX is a little tricky compared to my old Nissan Rogue, in the Rogue, no matter you have the car off or running, I can lock/unlock all doors, and this feature helps a lot while I was a delivery boy in college, I didn't need to turn off the engine while passing food to the customers.
But in the MDX, the key fob lock/unlock only works when the engine off, once you start your car, let's say if you only have your driver door open, but all 3 other doors are unlock, you will not be able to unlock by using the fob, you have to unlock by using the "unlock" located in the armrest, so now, I set it to unlock all door whenever driver door is open.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Our 2016 MDX is experiencing two different problems with the door locks and I'm hoping that the MDXers community can help.

1) The rear passenger door sporadically fails to unlock when we either touch the handle or use the key fob. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes we have to use the fob or button on the arm rest to re-lock and then unlock, and sometimes it doesn't work at all and we have to manually unlock from the inside. My daughter's car seat is on this side of the car so this door does get heavy use.

2) The MDX has a feature where the doors auto lock once you reach a given speed. On ours car it attempts to cycle the locks every time you pull away from a stop, even if all the doors are locked.

I'm wondering if the two are related? Perhaps the sensor or wiring for the "door is locked" sensor on the passenger rear door is faulty. If the computer thinks that door is always unlocked then it could definitely explain #2, but I'm not sure it would explain #1 since my assumption is that all the doors are locked or unlocked together (unless you click once for the drivers door) and the computer would not selectively only unlock a door that it detects is locked.

Has anybody run into similar issues?
1) there is clearly an issue there. Either the sensor inside the door is failing or the battery is weak in your FOB. Does it work all the time on the other passenger doors?
2) I have never heard of the doors auto locking at speed. They auto lock when you put the car in gear. If that setting is turned on. If it attempts to lock the car every time you pull away,the sensor that tells that the car is locked may be bad. Or there is an electrical issue causing all the problems.
I have my car to only unlock the drivers door when that handle is touched. You have to touch one of the passenger handles to unlock the other doors. What Trim do you have?

·
Registered
366 Posts
1) there is clearly an issue there. Either the sensor inside the door is failing or the battery is weak in your FOB. Does it work all the time on the other passenger doors?
2) I have never heard of the doors auto locking at speed. They auto lock when you put the car in gear. If that setting is turned on. If it attempts to lock the car every time you pull away,the sensor that tells that the car is locked may be bad. Or there is an electrical issue causing all the problems.
I have my car to only unlock the drivers door when that handle is touched. You have to touch one of the passenger handles to unlock the other doors. What Trim do you have?
It actually has the option in the auto locking at speed, but I chose auto locking when "shift from P".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response.

Our MDX has the Technology package and we have "drive lock mode" enabled which locks the doors when the car reaches 10 mph. The problem is that it tries to lock the doors every time we pass 10 mph, even if all the doors are already locked.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Our MDX has the Technology package and we have "drive lock mode" enabled which locks the doors when the car reaches 10 mph. The problem is that it tries to lock the doors every time we pass 10 mph, even if all the doors are already locked.
Have you tried the setting where it locks when put in gear?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Now is very clear, if you are still under warranty, go back to dealer.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Sounds like the sensor that tells it the doors are locked has failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts