Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have been having this creeking noise start around 5K miles car was purchased new. Sounds like a grandmas rocking chair and super annoying so I finally took it in to Acura. Happens during any verticle movement of the car especially really bad during stop and go traffic.
They are sending it out to a body shop to either loosen some underbody metal or tighten they say. Anyone else have anything like this on a 2016? I thought it was the TSB on the front left shocks setup but they assured me its not related to the suspension.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Swaybar or lower control arm bushings? Not uncommon in any vehicle. Age (use) quietens them. When they get worn out they'll bump and later bang. Renew and go another 100K miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a creaking noise that seems like yours. They adjusted the panels under the steering wheel. Sound went away. It came back a year later and dealer did same adjustment, tightening the panels again. Sound gone again. My is a June 2013 delivery with 44,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I have this creaking too. So far the dealer is giving me "it's not a problem," which i find to be a new way of saying they have no clue how to fix it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah the 2014-2015 has a tsb for a creaking from the front suspension towers but the 2016 does not qualify.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have AWD? The most common issue is the spare tire needing to be adjusted. Look under your rear of MDX and try to move your spare tire. If it loose just tighten it under lift gate and remove access cover to tighten the tire hanger. This has been a big issue on a lot of AWD MDX's sorry FWD doesn't come from factory with a spare.. stupid in my opinion..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts