Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is recommending a $279 service that includes cleaning the brakes, fuel additive, and some other nonsense.

They offer a $49.95 special that includes Change Engine Oil & Filter, Rotate tires & adjust pressure, test battery, complete comprehensive multi-point inspection. Based on the Acura service manual, B1 this, only has a more detailed list of the inspection items. It does note that "Synthetic oil extra". Does the MDX use synthetic?

When I questioned whether their multi-point inspection included all the items listed in B1, his response was that B1 service is $279. My response was that I don't see some of the items listed in his $279 service recommended by Acura. I am planning to talk to the service manager when I drop the car off to clarify this.

In my past Toyota experience, I had to talk to the service manager to explain that I only wanted the factory (not local profit making) service.

Is it me, or do Dealer Service advisers treat people like they can't open up a book or look on the internet and read?

As other posts have detailed, I am willing to play close to $100 for the addition of synthetic oil and labor to do all the proper inspections, but no additional items. The brakes don't make any noise, so how would I know if they really needed to be cleaned?

·
Registered
357 Posts
My dealer is recommending a $279 service that includes cleaning the brakes, fuel additive, and some other nonsense.

They offer a $49.95 special that includes Change Engine Oil & Filter, Rotate tires & adjust pressure, test battery, complete comprehensive multi-point inspection. Based on the Acura service manual, B1 this, only has a more detailed list of the inspection items. It does note that "Synthetic oil extra". Does the MDX use synthetic?

When I questioned whether their multi-point inspection included all the items listed in B1, his response was that B1 service is $279. My response was that I don't see some of the items listed in his $279 service recommended by Acura. I am planning to talk to the service manager when I drop the car off to clarify this.

In my past Toyota experience, I had to talk to the service manager to explain that I only wanted the factory (not local profit making) service.

Is it me, or do Dealer Service advisers treat people like they can't open up a book or look on the internet and read?

As other posts have detailed, I am willing to play close to $100 for the addition of synthetic oil and labor to do all the proper inspections, but no additional items. The brakes don't make any noise, so how would I know if they really needed to be cleaned?
Lol to break cleaning and fuel additive. All you really need is an oil change and maybe a tire rotation. Honda/Acura use 0-w20 semi synthetic or so called full synthetic. If the difference is around $20 then go with full synthetic, otherwise not worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Lol to break cleaning and fuel additive. All you really need is an oil change and maybe a tire rotation. Honda/Acura use 0-w20 semi synthetic or so called full synthetic. If the difference is around $20 then go with full synthetic, otherwise not worth it, IMO.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:..right!

UNless you're using 87 octane. A fuel additive is not necessary.

maybe it's the brake dust that theyre cleaning? (he-he).

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's actually a great deal for the B1 30K service price. I just paid $360 here in Houston, TX on our 2014 MDX and they deducted the air filter price since I put in my own K&N. Go for it!

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's actually a great deal for the B1 30K service price. I just paid $360 here in Houston, TX on our 2014 MDX and they deducted the air filter price since I put in my own K&N. Go for it!
Great deal because you were stiffed out of $360? Maybe on a Ferrari it is but not on Acura where an oil filter costs $5.00 and oil $25.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts