Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2016 Acura MDX Advanced package car on Monday and i noticed a In Ceiling Speaker on top of second row. I don't think i saw it on the vehicle that i test drove and cant find any pics on internet that has it. Wondering if its some kind of mistake? Does any one else noticed on any new Acura MDX?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you talking about these 2 speakers built into the rear entertainment system on the ceiling? I can't imagine that you'd have a car with some redundant speaker installed by mistake, it would be nonsense...

·
Registered
366 Posts
In 2016, there's an Advance without Entertainment, which I imagine is what the original poster is talking about. It is smack dead center over the middle row.

Here's a picture of our center speaker on the Advanced model (non Entertainment):

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BrianV that's exactly what i am referring to. Thanks for confirming. For some reason I felt that very odd. And the cover is coming off of it :(.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
That's one of the additional speakers for the 12 speaker vs 10 speaker system on the Tech I'm assuming? And they just had to install the thing on the stupid bend?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's one of the additional speakers for the 12 speaker vs 10 speaker system on the Tech I'm assuming? And they just had to install the thing on the stupid bend?
I think so...but yeah i did not like the placement and the fact that the speaker cover is coming off (not installed properly i guess)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts