Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was trying to understand how the accelerator pedal works in my mdx and I found its was less responsive that my ex q7. Is just me who feels like the accelerator pedal is not so responsive or slow?

For the audio part: I was trying to always leave the rear speakers on with front audio source, while the dvd is on, but I have to change everytime.

Cheers!

·
Registered
313 Posts
What drive mode were you in? Try it in sport and report back.

Im not an MDX owner ( yet - heavily considering it ), but Ive driven the 2015 and the 2016 and the 16 felt very responsive from a stand still at about half throttle. Not quite effortless like my Vette, but very nice pickup for such a large SUV. The car mags have it at 5.9 0-60 while not class leading is near the top.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the audio part: I was trying to always leave the rear speakers on with front audio source, while the dvd is on, but I have to change everytime.

Cheers!

For the rear speakers to stay on permanently, the rear power must be OFF. The DVD can't be on even with source set to front. At least that's what I was told for my 2016 AWD ADV+ENT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the rear speakers to stay on permanently, the rear power must be OFF. The DVD can't be on even with source set to front. At least that's what I was told for my 2016 AWD ADV+ENT.
You're right, but even when my kids are using the headphones, I can switch to turn on the rear speakers and subwoofer. It's the same thing like the auto stop, if you want to disable it, you can't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What drive mode were you in? Try it in sport and report back.

Im not an MDX owner ( yet - heavily considering it ), but Ive driven the 2015 and the 2016 and the 16 felt very responsive from a stand still at about half throttle. Not quite effortless like my Vette, but very nice pickup for such a large SUV. The car mags have it at 5.9 0-60 while not class leading is near the top.
Sport mode goes really well, but normal driving was easier in my q7. I have 19' mags, I hope the 20's will fix part of the reaction. Vtec engines kicks in after 3000 rpm, maybe it just me and the fact that the second car at home, is another german too.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Audis always have had great low down torque starting from around 1500 RPM on up (don't forget Quattro from a stop is going to feel much more responsive than a SH-AWD front bias AWD system). These V6 blocks Honda makes are like you said, from around 3000 and peaks @ 4500, so you really have to be up there to get the umph you want. Not to mention, 267 lb ft torque in this engine is seriously lacking for the weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the heavier wheels will make the car accelerate slower.
You are right, I think is better handling what I'm looking for. Acceleration is just the long pedal and to get use to it, but handling is not the same. Changing to 20's and going down to 45, can make the difference for me.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Stickier tires, stiffer sidewalls (not as harsh as decreasing profile), wider tires for increased contact patch (be mindful of bulging), slight negative camber on alignment (not more than -1.5) will all help without compromising ride quality as much as bigger wheels. Something to consider.

On a side note, I'm considering testing a 2014/2015 rear sway bar on the 2016 to reduce a bit of the understeer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stickier tires, stiffer sidewalls (not as harsh as decreasing profile), wider tires for increased contact patch (be mindful of bulging), slight negative camber on alignment (not more than -1.5) will all help without compromising ride quality as much as bigger wheels. Something to consider.

On a side note, I'm considering testing a 2014/2015 rear sway bar on the 2016 to reduce a bit of the understeer.
That's a really good point too, I didn't check if my mdx has it! Thanks for that tip neoshi :29:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts