Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 tech package and the suspension makes a lot of noise when I go over bumps or potholes, especially the front. I know TSB 16-035 addresses issues with the rear:

Does anyone know if they issued anything for front suspension issues? Also, my MDX is out of warranty, I assume having a dealership do TSB work would be free of charge? thanks........

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hmmmm

I thought TSB defects had to be repaired at no cost, even if not under warranty.

I get TSB notices on some of my Ford Trucks that the warranty has expired and the letter says repairs are at no charge.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hmmmm

I thought TSB defects had to be repaired at no cost, even if not under warranty.

I get TSB notices on some of my Ford Trucks that the warranty has expired and the letter says repairs are at no charge.
I don't think they will send letters for TSB, only Recall. But yea, TSB is only cover when you are still under warranty, so my 15 MDX has a chirping noise, and my basic warranty just expired 2 months, so I contacted the dealer asks to the perform the TSB, there were 2 TSBs related to the chirping noises, timing belt/high pressure fuel pump, they said it's the fuel pump, and he told me my warranty just expried, but the good news is, my emission warranty will cover this, they replaced it for free.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Having just gone through this, Acura will not pick up TSB costs for anything out of warranty. The cost of repair is on you.

I have heard of some folks getting goodwill from Acura when they were religious about bringing their vehicle in for service. But that’s becoming few and far between especially for suspension.

My suspension started showing signs of wear at about 95k miles.

It’s an expensive job and there are no aftermarket options available.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My front end squeaks when going over bumps when first starting up. It eventually goes away. I haven't seen any TSB's though.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hmmmm

Those are really recalls and Ford just has that many hahaha (I say this out of experience with my work Ford trucks). Chrysler is also like this. Unless there is some serious safety issue that NHTSA can investigate, Honda won't make it a recall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While my 2014 MDX Tech was on warranty I told them several times I was getting a banging from the rear end. Each time they said they didnt hear it. With 80,000 took it in for fluid changes today and I found TSB16-035 and asked if it have ever been checked for that TSB. They looked and could not find any record of checking for that TSB. They just called and said they still dont hear it but they would replace the shocks (dampers) and split the cost with me. They said it is normally $715. So for $350, Im getting new rear shocks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check the right front shock for leakage. A few of us have reported that happening. Had mine replaced when it started leaking and before I had any drive-ability/noise issues.

Some Acura TSBs include an extended warranty, such as the one for the 6AT that covers fluid flushes and software update for 8/80 if you have fluttering. I did not receive a letter notification for that.

There can also be an extended warranty issued for specific problems such as the peeling white pearl paint, I did receive a letter for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2015 tech package and the suspension makes a lot of noise when I go over bumps or potholes, especially the front. I know TSB 16-035 addresses issues with the rear:

Does anyone know if they issued anything for front suspension issues? Also, my MDX is out of warranty, I assume having a dealership do TSB work would be free of charge? thanks........
2014 MDX Tech. While vehicle was under warranty, I had asked for them to check the rear end due to excessive banging. Each time I was told service did not detect any noises. Was at dealer last week for trans fluid change and brought TSB16-035 with me. Asked if vehicle was ever checked for the TSB. There was no record of vehicle ever being checked. Got a call later that day and dealer agreed to split the cost of replacing rear dampers even though I have 83,000 miles on it. Believe my share was $315. But again, service did not detect any noises. So I agreed. Driving the vehicle home I immediately noticed the banging was gone. When I got the customer service review email I told them I appreciated splitting the cost with me but that I had complained about the banging while vehicle was under warranty and it would have been nice if the cost of replacing dampers would have been fully covered back then. Amazing the difference it made in the rear end banging over every bump.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
2014 MDX Tech. While vehicle was under warranty, I had asked for them to check the rear end due to excessive banging. Each time I was told service did not detect any noises. Was at dealer last week for trans fluid change and brought TSB16-035 with me. Asked if vehicle was ever checked for the TSB. There was no record of vehicle ever being checked. Got a call later that day and dealer agreed to split the cost of replacing rear dampers even though I have 83,000 miles on it. Believe my share was $315. But again, service did not detect any noises. So I agreed. Driving the vehicle home I immediately noticed the banging was gone. When I got the customer service review email I told them I appreciated splitting the cost with me but that I had complained about the banging while vehicle was under warranty and it would have been nice if the cost of replacing dampers would have been fully covered back then. Amazing the difference it made in the rear end banging over every bump.
If you have the tickets that show your complaints back in the day, try asking Acura Client Relations to cover the other portion. ACR has a bad habit of never believing the customer over the dealer though, so their records will show they believe everything has been "normal" but ACR might still give some goodwill regardless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts