Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2015 MDX have electronic rear shocks? I know mine has the IDS mode but didnt know if this meant electric suspension? Does anyone have a good source for rear shocks for this model? Dealer quote $800 to replace

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mine is 15 Tech model, all 4 are normal struts. And from the price you got from dealer, this price is way too cheap for electric shocks, so I assume they are replacing the normal one. If you want to save some money, buy the parts urself and bring them to local shop to change, my mechanic charged me $140 to replace both, done in 1.5 hrs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No electronic dampers for 2015

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depends on what you’re changing. There is no aftermarket for 2014+ yet and Acura doesn’t have a complete assembly. You have to buy every single part. If all they are doing is changing the strut than that’s a lot.

I spent close to $1700 to replace all 4 (complete springs too)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nope. Standaard struts made by Sachs. I thought I saw somewhere that KYB had part numbers released but no parts yet to sell. So something for the future, but as of right now, you're looking at factory struts or going with coilovers.

I just did the 60k B123 service on my wife's 15 MDX and noticed that the front struts were starting to leak so I have a set of BC Racing coilovers on the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts