Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so you all know.... Ive seen some threads here re rain sensors not working after windshield replacement. I had this problem. Acura at first said the body shop that did the windshield repair inadvertently didn't put the new pad back in front of the sensor itself on back of the window. I bought a new pad and had the body shop install it. Problem still not fixed. The assumption was that the pad wasn't installed properly (i.e.: air bubbles, not good contact, etc.). A new pad was purchased and installed and problem still around. Next the body shop replaced the sensor and the pad (when you buy a new sensor the pad comes automatically attached to it). Surprisingly the problem still present. I asked the car then be taken to Acura which it was. After a few hours it was determined that the RAIN SENSOR CONTROL MODULE was defective. This was a $600 item that was replaced under warranty thankfully. I throw this out to the group for information purposes as Ive never seen this problem mentioned before on any prior rain sensor thread. Assuming this all just a coincidence as I truly can't put together how a cracked window by itself can short out this module.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts