Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2015 MDX since new and it currently has 100,000KMs (60k miles) on the clock. I've had issues with a recurring clunck in the front end for several years. Acura couldn't find an problem. The issue starting becoming morre sever about a month ago. Acura delaer suggested replacing a miriad of front end parts including a new steering rack. I took the car to my trusted local mechanic and he finally gave me a definitive answer. The steering rack is faulty and needs replacement. He has some ideas on a fix that could save some money but is not hopeful. Acura CS has run away from dealing with me (off warranty). I understand when I'm off warranty , that's it, you're on your own. In my opinion the exception to this is faulty parts which are key to operating a vehicle safely. Has anyone else experienced pre-mature steering rack failure and if so what was your course of action?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I’d push CS on the fact that you have complained on this for years,as you say. They should cover at least part of it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sometimes CS will do a parts/labor split with you. but only if the problem is confirmed and repaired at a dealership. They may want to shy away from getting involved because previous accident damage might be the cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts