Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you call me crazy for wanting to turn off my headlights while driving at night let me explain.
I fish and when I launch my boat it is usually early morning before dawn. Boat ramp etiquette says you should turn off your headlights when using the ramp after dark so that others can see to use the ramps as well. It is impossible to back a boat trailer down a ramp in the dark with someone's headlights blinding you.

Earlier this week I discovered that my MDX headlights won't turn off if its dark and the car is in gear (D or R). If I am in Park they will turn off.

Is this something that I can adjust in the Set Up menu someplace or is this hard coded?

·
Registered
97 Posts
During Christmas, I drove the MDX through a drive through light show and required the headlights to be off too. I learned that you cant turn the headlight completely off, but you can put it in daytime running mode, flip the left switch 2 clicks forward from AUTO, pass ON, then the next position should be it. It looks like its still on, but is not bright, its really just on as daytime running lights like when your car is on during the day. Hope this helps and works for your needs.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hope not too off topic but do the lights on the 3rd gen come on when you open the driver door (car parked and off). I hated that feature on my second gen for the same reason, in some circumstances it blinded people when I opened the door. I ended up having to replace one of the igniters presumably from the constant and unnecessary on and off every *&#^$ time I opened the door.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@carli123. The solution to this is simple...as you park and turn-off the car just turn the headlight knob through off (it will turn back to on auto again)...then you can open and close the door as many times as you want and it would not turn the headlights. Once you start the car next time the headlights will turn on if need based on the auto mode. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You can also just change the setting vehicle settings and it will only turn on when you start the vehicle. Very useful when camping.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts