Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 MDX and often will press the Auto climate button to initiate cold AC. When I'm done with the cold ac in Auto mode, I'd like to shut it off and go back to the setting before I pressed the Auto button. I don't see how to do this, or if it is even possible. Now, I press the fan button to go to the lowest setting (turns off Auto climate), then I go to the AC screen to shut off the AC, then to the seat cooling to shut off that function.

I know, these are good problems to have but it would be nice to toggle back and forth between auto and the setting before.

Any suggestions?:confused::29::confused::)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I have a 2015 MDX and often will press the Auto climate button to initiate cold AC. When I'm done with the cold ac in Auto mode, I'd like to shut it off and go back to the setting before I pressed the Auto button. I don't see how to do this, or if it is even possible. Now, I press the fan button to go to the lowest setting (turns off Auto climate), then I go to the AC screen to shut off the AC, then to the seat cooling to shut off that function.

I know, these are good problems to have but it would be nice to toggle back and forth between auto and the setting before.

I won't even go to why you do that. If you don't think it's possible you haven't read the manual. On your lower screen,the upper right hand side there is an icon called shortcuts. There you can set phone,address,audio and CLIMATE SETTINGS. There you set climate settings that are easy to get to. I know on my 14 it's the upper right side. I don't know if it's the same place on yours.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
While I agree that every driver needs to make CLIMATE shortcuts, I don't agree that it should be the only way to engage a certain mode. Acura only gave us two shortcuts for HVAC, and for some of us that means shortcut 1 is for Driver 1 and shortcut 2 is for Driver 2. While these shortcuts will probably work in most situations where the OP lives because we have pretty stable weather here in socal, imagine if the OP was from the snow belt. Suddenly, they need to reprogram the shortcuts every hot or cold season because in the winter, the OP may want a default of 76-78 degrees, but in the summer wants a default of 70-74 degrees.

flowerspower, unfortunately, I suffer from the same lack of what I call "quick controls." Acura could have easily solved this by either 1) giving us more shortcuts (thanks for giving us six entertainment stations, but only two HVAC shortcuts Acura!), or 2) giving us manual fan speed and an AC on/off button in addition to the auto button (much like the older style of controls and the rear controller), or 3) consolidated ALL of the climate controls onto ONE popup screen when we hit either the temperature, the fan speed, the recirc or the AC/sync (much like it does for the REAR temp controls on the touchscreen).

Sadly, I have no good suggestions for you other than to agree with elvisfan about using the climate shortcuts. We will have to wait another 2-3 generations before Acura learns about intuitive controls rather than just attempting to appear technologically advanced with their cars (much can be said about their drive toward form over function this generation with all their vehicles).

In the meantime, I try to focus on the enjoyable driving dynamics and sometimes elect to roll down a window (yeah, probably not these past few days with our humidity) on a good day.

Thought this was rather interesting: http://www.hondasacuras.com/2013/08/2014-acura-mdxs-apple-inspired-dash.html?q=mdx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you elvisfan and neoshi. I'll have to delve into the shortcuts. I appreciate you chiming in.:29:

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can also just touch the screen where it says "AC / Sync" and it will issue a popup menu. Just select the "Off" option for your AC and that does what you're looking to do (I think). I do that all the time when I'm near my home, because I don't like to shut my cars off with the AC running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts