Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone purchase a vehicle or was car shopping and saw a similar vehicle to a 2015 advance with ent and 33k miles. Wondering what my car is worth, I'm thinking of selling it. Is it $33,000 okay? or is it too high?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You left out some details on your MDX... Is it FWD or SH-AWD? What condition is it in?

CarMax usually charges absolute top-dollar for their vehicles, so I'd use them as an upper-limit/best-case-scenario when researching resale vale. I think $33k is too high of an expectation for you to get.

Assuming FWD and "good" condition it has a KBB value of $26,878 trade or $30,252 private party.

Assuming SH-AWD and "very good" condition (best-case) it has a KBB value of $28,287 trade or $32,077 private party.

·
Registered
740 Posts
bought a 2015 SH-AWD Tech CPO warranty with 26,200 miles, 45 days ago. Immaculate. $35,750 plus tax and DMV. NorCal, same dealer sold and serviced for its life, new tires, most popular color combo here, all weather mats and remote start. FYI - the anti-collision warning and lane departure warning see fences, berms alongside the road and bridge sidewalks and walls sometimes as another car, I would not want to rely on the full anti-collision package because the car would have stopped in traffic a couple times when there was nothing in front of it. We came down a steep exit from the supermarket the other day and it read the street in front of us as a possible collision and threw a fit. Still some work I think on these systems.

If you are selling you have to drop the price to compete with a car being sold by a dealer. I would have expected a private party deal to be $4500 below what I paid the dealer. They had to replace warped rotors on the front after the sale. Acura expects the dealer to cover wear and tear items on the car before selling it CPO. If I bought the parts and did the brakes front and rear myself I would be in to about $1000. Car had zero mile Conti's on it and no rash on the rims. With your miles and wear, I would have offered you $29,500 unless you had a transferable CPO warranty - assuming you live in an area not affected by salt water flooding / over the roads last year even an inch. This car now has a complete Acura warranty until 2022 and 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought a 2015 Tech AWD with 30,500 miles (not CPO, from Ford dealer). New tires, dealer installed (I supplied) hitch/harness and roof rack. $33,250. Plus a more than generous trade.. I estimate I paid about $32,500 because they gave me about $800 more for trade than others were offering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.