Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have replaced the reverse bulbs w/LED on a 4Runner before. It worked very well! I bet you can do the same on the MDX. I will be doing it soon on my 2017 MDX ADV. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
i always replace my reverse lights with VLEDs led lights. they are some of the brightest and most reliable on the market even though they are a little more pricey than other brands. they have excellent customer service and the white is a pure white light. they are extremely bright and help you see much better on the reverse cam. huge upgrade!

if i remember i'll post some pics later

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i always replace my reverse lights with VLEDs led lights. they are some of the brightest and most reliable on the market even though they are a little more pricey than other brands. they have excellent customer service and the white is a pure white light. they are extremely bright and help you see much better on the reverse cam. huge upgrade!

if i remember i'll post some pics later

Ouch... those are crazy expensive at $45 per light.

I just swapped my Jetta reverse lights with some Luyed 1550 lumen LED lights. Huge improvement. Only $15 per pair of lights and literally takes 2 minutes to swap out. (Well, after spending 20 minutes on YouTube finding the perfect video for DIY. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
I replaced my reverse lights with LEDs, and the result is much brighter. The important part is to find a bulb with a powerful LED on the top, as that is pointing back.

Another thing to note is that if you find your rear camera to be too dark at night then you can adjust its brightness. The large navigation knob adjusts by rotating (pushing on it changes among the 3 views).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the JDM Astar LEDs. Super easy to install and I love them.

It wont let me post a link, but here is the product title to find on Amazon: JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs with Projector For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White

·
Registered
42 Posts
I changed my reverse lights with LED on the 18 MDX but it still wasn't bright enough for me so I bought the LPR back up light from vleds. Boy that thing lights up my behind when backing up. I can see all the dust particles in the air on my back up camera when I back up. Worth the money imo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought the brightest led bulb from vleds, but I believe due to the small and crappy reflection of the reverse light housing, the led output is not great.

Here is a picture with the LPR installed and the Led reverse light.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice setup Phong, so did the led bulbs make any difference at all from the stock? What lumens was it? I think the LPR is nice but overkill for me, prob try the leds first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the JDM Astar LEDs. Super easy to install and I love them.

It wont let me post a link, but here is the product title to find on Amazon: JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs with Projector For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White

would you happen to have a pic of the jdms at night? a pic of the light it casts

·
Registered
42 Posts
nice setup Phong, so did the led bulbs make any difference at all from the stock? What lumens was it? I think the LPR is nice but overkill for me, prob try the leds first.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/7440/7440-6-ho-c.html

that is the led bulb I ordered. They were a little brighter than stock halogen, but like I said, the weird tiny housing defeats the purpose of the bright led since I cannot output max brightness.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Phong: Those are not really the best choice for backup lights on the MDX. They have 3 LEDs on each side but none on the top, but the top faces back towards the lens. You will get better results with a lamp that has a high-power LED, like Cree, on the top.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts