Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the top of my center console but don't want to risk breaking any of the plastic parts/trim. The top surface I need to remove is the area surrounding the gear shifter and cup holders. It appears to be single piece surrounded by trim pieces. Can someone direct me to a link where this is illustrated. I have seen videos on removing the whole center console but I just need access to the area below the cup holders.
Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here's a video that the idlestopper folks put together showing how to install their device on 16+ MDX models. I know yours is a 15, and you don't want an idlestopper, but I think the video showing the removal of the top center console cover may be helpful to you. essentially you remove a screw under the cup holder rubber insert, and then pry up on the rear corners of the console cover (2 clips) and then on the front (2 clips). I've done it on my '19 and it's a set of tight clips, but they do pop when you give it enough encouragement..... Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Andy. That is exactly what I needed to see.

I am doing an experiment because my MDX developed a parasitic drain traced to a faulty Hands Free Link module (HFL). I opted to have the dealership unplug the module instead of the $2800 upgrade to a new module. In further at home testing, I discovered that the HFL worked correctly and would properly connect my phone to the vehicle but when I turned off the car the module would not go fully asleep thus generating the parasitic drain. The 12v adapter in the console is only about 10" from the HFL mounting location and the 12v adapter does not draw power when the vehicle is turned off. I intend to run a short jumper from the Positive terminal on the adapter to the power lead on the HFL hoping to power the module on when driving and killing power to it when the car is not running. I know the MDX will not connect to the discontinued 3G cellular network, but it should restore all other functionality.

I'll post the results when I make the change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts