Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I received a warning on my 2015 MDX that my keyless remote battery was running low. I watched a video on YouTube to replace the battery

My touch was not very light and all the pieces (buttons, etc) came flying out. I put everything back, but was left with this piece (see picture) and I am not sure where it goes.

It must be important as my FOB no longer works (sensor light on the FOB is off).

If anyone can help, that would be great!

Thanks!

Samantha

Attachments

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hello,

I received a warning on my 2015 MDX that my keyless remote battery was running low. I watched a video on YouTube to replace the battery

My touch was not very light and all the pieces (buttons, etc) came flying out. I put everything back, but was left with this piece (see picture) and I am not sure where it goes.

It must be important as my FOB no longer works (sensor light on the FOB is off).

If anyone can help, that would be great!

Thanks!

Samantha
Hopefully you got this resolved, but if not, it does NOT appear to me that part is part of a standard fob. Are you by chance using a remote start system? I don't have a remote start fob to disassemble and check. Can you take a pic of the fob you dismantled? Also, make sure the battery positive is facing up toward you when you are looking at the battery slot.

EDIT: See markpaco's post below. Missed the part!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is the part that separates the buttons from each other. If you look at the buttons, there are supposed to be horizontal chrome bars separating the buttons.

1. Separate the key from the keyfob by sliding the black switch below the panic button and pulling the key out of the keyfob.

2. Open the housing by inserting the tip of the key between the metal loop and black key fob housing and twisting.

3. With the buttons facing down, separate the key fob housing halves. The button-side key fob housing should remain face down for the duration of the work to minimize the likelihood of scattering the buttons.

4. Remove the internal electrical assembly (the switches/battery assembly) from the key fob. The silicone rubber seal may be attached to the internal electrical assembly during removal.

5. If the seal stayed in the housing, carefully remove the silicone rubber seal.

6. Place the part over the 'unlock' button with the bars facing down. The part should only fit one way (i.e. The number "1" on the back of the part should be facing up). If it is upside down, it won't sit nicely.

7. If required, reinstall the silicone rubber seal to the internal electrical assembly.

8. Insert internal electrical assembly into housing.

9. Snap housing back together and reinstall key.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That is the part that separates the buttons from each other. If you look at the buttons, there are supposed to be horizontal chrome bars separating the buttons.

1. Separate the key from the keyfob by sliding the black switch below the panic button and pulling the key out of the keyfob.

2. Open the housing by inserting the tip of the key between the metal loop and black key fob housing and twisting.

3. With the buttons facing down, separate the key fob housing halves. The button-side key fob housing should remain face down for the duration of the work to minimize the likelihood of scattering the buttons.

4. Remove the internal electrical assembly (the switches/battery assembly) from the key fob. The silicone rubber seal may be attached to the internal electrical assembly during removal.

5. If the seal stayed in the housing, carefully remove the silicone rubber seal.

6. Place the part over the 'unlock' button with the bars facing down. The part should only fit one way (i.e. The number "1" on the back of the part should be facing up). If it is upside down, it won't sit nicely.

7. If required, reinstall the silicone rubber seal to the internal electrical assembly.

8. Insert internal electrical assembly into housing.

9. Snap housing back together and reinstall key.
Ohhh yeah I see it now. Guess I missed it at first glance because it was all chrome together. It is specifically behind the UNLOCK (2nd) button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts