Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am wondering if any of the 6 speed user are experiencing these "Normal" tranny habit,

1, 1st gear shifts too fast into 2nd gear and cause clunk/jerk, usually happen in the traffic, like if you gently press the gas, and the next second you need to brake, the car will lurch forward as the rpm drops around 800 to 1k
2, when accelerating, if you only give light gas, the rpm will not move, but the speed will move up slowly, and if you give it more gas, the rpm will jump to 1k higher instantly, like 2k->3k, and the speed increasing very violent, like burst, seems like I can never manage to have a linear rpm and power output
3, when decelerating, with/ without pressing the brake, when it slow to around 20 mph, do you feel the car jerk? I believe it downshifts from 2nd to 1st.

Please share your thoughts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Many times shifting quirks begin or are enhanced with lack of fluid change. Might help if you could tell us how many miles on the car and what the fluid change history is.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many times shifting quirks begin or are enhanced with lack of fluid change. Might help if you could tell us how many miles on the car and what the fluid change history is.
Dealer flushed the tranny 1 yr ago at 30k miles, right now it is 43k, it's only one year, and the suggested maintenance is 20k-30k for a drain and fill, anyway, I did the drain and fill couple days ago, it's certainly runs better, but the problems I stated above, was solved by disabling the VCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts