Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A deer took out my 185k 2011 MDX last spring...in the dark at 70 mph, totalled it. Heart breaking. Siver linning though is I scored a 160k 2014 MDX private sale off Craig's List for $15k. And have to say it is the best/most vehicle for the money I have EVER owned, and that's saying a lot as I was in the new car business for 20 years, personally sold maybe 3,500+ and broke in perhaps 50 new Pontiacs-Oldsmobiles-Cadillacs-Honda's and Lexus. So have some experience. Getting very nearly 30 mpg highway (credit the direct port injection, very high 11.5:1 compression and the 6-4-3 cylindar deactivation), zero oil consumption, great passing power on our Northern Minnesota two lane highways traveling to our cabin and back. Quiet, great handling, fabulous audio (love the HD CD replacemnt), comfortable, roomy, body looks like a new car...I had a little contest out in the driveway with my friend and his neighbor: "Try to guess the year and mileage of my "new" Acura"...came in at 20k, and a 2020 model.
Have had exactly zero costs other than oil and filter changes in first 10k miles. I'm 10 years into retirement and so costs are important to me; both the zero repairs and the GREAT fuel economy are wonderful. I just absolutely love the car, and for the $15k price, I rate it #1 King of the Hill. Hope to run it up to 500k. Congrats Honda on a great vehicle.

Registered
I bought my 2014 over the summer, and really like it. A bit more - $25k for 80k miles, but it was the loaded-to-the-gills Advance model, and included a Carplay upgrade I did myself, and a set of snow tires/wheels/TP sensors. I'm ready to roll.

I enjoy the little things - like when the seatbelts tighten up when I take a hard corner. 馃榿 And the butt coolers. And the heated steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts