Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 MDX (with 77k miles) I have noticed gears 1-3 switches fine and smooth but when it goes ( up a hill or) to 4th or above it will get stuck at 3-4k RPMs for longer than it should. ( sometimes Going up a hill I will just shift with the paddle shifter to get to the next gear.) I got the tranny fluid flushed last week with my oil change but was seeing if someone knows the issue specifically so I can call and get estimates and not get ripped out. My shop where I bring it for oil changes and other things said they can't fix it.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
383 Posts
3x tranny flush, TSB(need to look up the number) update solved few tranny issues for many that experienced tranny/TC related issues.
BTW, in Sport+(manual sequential shift mode) or under heavy load(like uphill) I won't be surprised if gears stay longer than usual.

·
Registered
2015 MDX
174 Posts
The six speed TSBs I know of are: B16-062 & B16-063 for “judder”. There is an extended 8/80 warranty to perform a flush and software update which is called out in the TSBs. Note the “flush” procedure is described in them as repeated drains and fills with Acura ATF-DW1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The six speed TSBs I know of are: B16-062 & B16-063 for “judder”. There is an extended 8/80 warranty to perform a flush and software update which is called out in the TSBs. Note the “flush” procedure is described in them as repeated drains and fills with Acura ATF-DW1.
So dumb Q....meaning if I go to the dealer and tell them the TSB numbers and I shouldnt have to pay anything because of the 8/80 warranty ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3x tranny flush, TSB(need to look up the number) update solved few tranny issues for many that experienced tranny/TC related issues.
BTW, in Sport+(manual sequential shift mode) or under heavy load(like uphill) I won't be surprised if gears stay longer than usual.

Thank you for responding! Ya it was staying in gear longer than normal ( my house is up a hill so I drive up a hill everyday) which is why I knew something was up

·
Registered
2015 MDX
174 Posts
So dumb Q....meaning if I go to the dealer and tell them the TSB numbers and I shouldnt have to pay anything because of the 8/80 warranty ?
depends on whether that dealer wants to replicate the TSB symptoms or if they take your word for it. I had the symptoms in the TSB and a video of the symptoms sufficed to get it done for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends on whether that dealer wants to replicate the TSB symptoms or if they take your word for it. I had the symptoms in the TSB and a video of the symptoms sufficed to get it done for me.
Ok thanks And you paid nothing?

·
Registered
2015 MDX
174 Posts
Correct, no cost to me but I’ve still got warranty left (CPO). I wouldn’t be surprised if the dealer requests a diag fee until they confirm the TSB applies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts