Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - new to the site but not to MDX. Just purchased a 2014 off lease to replace our 2008 which we purchased off lease as well.

So we bought the tech pkg model and it's awesome. We took a lengthy road trip and it rides incredibly nice, terrific gas mileage too!

So an observation and question. After purchase I noticed that the second row lacks a power outlet port. How can a "tech" pkg vehicle not have a second row power outlet?

Is there an aftermarket kit to add a power outlet?

Cheers,
Todd

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
IIRC the 'Advance' package added a power port for the back. Acura had to hold a few items back to throw into the Advance package to try to convince people to pay the exorbitant extra they charged for the Advance (I have a 2014 Tech shawd).

There are plenty of aftermarket power adapters available - check Home Depot, Amazon, auto part stores, etc. Just pick one based on your needs. I think there was a thread on this forum where someone tapped into the center console to add the adapter - do some searching for it since it might have some useful details.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey everyone - new to the site but not to MDX. Just purchased a 2014 off lease to replace our 2008 which we purchased off lease as well.

So we bought the tech pkg model and it's awesome. We took a lengthy road trip and it rides incredibly nice, terrific gas mileage too!

So an observation and question. After purchase I noticed that the second row lacks a power outlet port. How can a "tech" pkg vehicle not have a second row power outlet?

Is there an aftermarket kit to add a power outlet?

Cheers,
Todd
Are you trying to get some logic as to how Acura names their packages? Good luck.

·
Registered
870 Posts
We might be talking about two different things: 120V outlet from a power inverter, or additional 12V "cigarette lighter" style power port. I think OP was asking about 12V, and it wouldn't be hard to add another of those but you probably won't find a kit at Home Depot.

Power inverters for 120V are another issue. Also possible to install, but they are bulky and permanent installation will take a bit more effort. Stand-alone units that plug into a 12V port are readily available.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
He wants to add it at the second row and that picture is the trunk. But, one could reasonably use that part as the start for an oem looking mod.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
He wants to add it at the second row and that picture is the trunk. But, one could reasonably use that part as the start for an oem looking mod.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I suggested that because when I sat in the second row there really wasn't a place I'd be comfortable cutting into to install such a power jack. If it is at the base of the console then it will take a cord across someone's lap to charge something, If the plug is right behind the seats what difference is it whether it is a 6' cord coming from the one in the trunk, or a 6' cord curled up in s wad because only 3' are needed. No offense but the request sort of falls under why isn't there another cup holder in case someone wants two drinks each and a bottled water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts