Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been looking around the forum and such but cant seem to find out any info. I have a 2014 MDX Tech/Entertainment and ipads, iphones etc. Can someone suggest how to get these devices hooked up the the composite cables to view on the dvd screen? All of our devices have the lightning cable and not the 30 pin. Hopefully someone has a setup that works and is willing to share. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
With Apple's move to ONLY digital video out using Lightning (30 pin era has a converter chip that allowed analog out too), you're kind of stuck. The MDX Adv is the only model with HDMI in, which Lightning supports. But the ENT package does not have HDMI in. None of the Apple adapters support the digital to analog conversion either. There are Airplay adapters like Kivik One but I haven't tried them and from other owners, I heard it stutters video pretty badly for iPhone folks (not so much Android users using Miracast). This topic is worth more exploration... There was one guy who was selling a Lightning to composite with a built in chip at one time, but I can't remember where or if it really worked.

I'm looking into possibilities of mirroring my Android on the front screens myself, but I think only the ILX is equipped to do so (funny how the lowest car in our brand has better tech).

Found this: http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Composite-Video-Audio-Converter/dp/B008FO7PQA
Thinking you can use this with the Lightning to HDMI adapter, then this, then the analog AV into the MDX. By the way, this is a generic device, so there are many brands that produce the same device and probably a better price as well. Oh, it looks like only 480i result as well :\

Another interesting search result, though out of stock, but implies that a HDMI to AV cable using the Lightning to HDMI adapter works! (Or the seller is BSing since the Apple adapter technically doesn't send analog video signals according to Apple): http://www.adcmobile.com/hdmi-av/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts