Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 when driving at low speed / slow acceleration it revs up and down around 1500 rpm. It will rev( jerk tiny bit) between 1200-1750 rpm when my foot isnt applying more or less pressure. I can really feel it when I am going up a hill.

Im sorry this is a repeat question, I tried to look for the other thread. I think the thread said something about bringing to a dealer for a computer upgrade to fix this? How much is that?

Thank you

·
Registered
555 Posts
Set the cruise and see what happens. No matter how consistant you think you are your foot it just not that stable. If its still doing it I would suspect the transmission is hunting for a gear. How many miles on the car? Could be as simple as a fluid and filter change or as complicated as a internal transmission issue.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
The computer upgrade you speak of is a tcu revision to lower the atf temperature because it is burning up faster than designed. If you are out of warranty, you will likely need to change the atf multiple times to get be fluid in and then also change it more frequently to prevent this from reocurring. If you are in warranty, the dealer should know to know change the atf and update your tranny appropriately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Set the cruise and see what happens. No matter how consistant you think you are your foot it just not that stable. If its still doing it I would suspect the transmission is hunting for a gear. How many miles on the car? Could be as simple as a fluid and filter change or as complicated as a internal transmission issue.
That is a good idea.. Im not sure it will work since it is during slower speed. Its 100% not my foot pressure. It has 47k miles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The computer upgrade you speak of is a tcu revision to lower the atf temperature because it is burning up faster than designed. If you are out of warranty, you will likely need to change the atf multiple times to get be fluid in and then also change it more frequently to prevent this from reocurring. If you are in warranty, the dealer should know to know change the atf and update your tranny appropriately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
So this could apply to my car/issue or no?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had this TSB done on my MDX 2 weeks ago. It's warrantied to 8 years 80,000 miles. Dealer should perform the software update and ATF for free. If they try to charge like mine did, just tell them about the TSB

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 MDX Transmission TSB

Does anyone know the TSB number for this problem? I have a 2014 MDX Tech Pkg with 60,000 miles and mine is starting to do this.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Had this done last winter. It seemed to me that it was temperature related. I don't notice it when it was warmer out..only in the cold weather. Regardless , it was maybe a 90 percent improvement after fluid change and software update. That was about 24 000 km ago and it's slowly coming back. So , I guess its tranny fluid change time. Going to try Redline D6 this time and see if it lasts longer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had this TSB done on my MDX 2 weeks ago. It's warrantied to 8 years 80,000 miles. Dealer should perform the software update and ATF for free. If they try to charge like mine did, just tell them about the TSB

Thank you for responding. I asked this last time someone else talked about "TSB" ( its a dumb question so i apologize) they didn't respond. Just to be clear what that is and stands for.

Thanks again

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thank you for responding. I asked this last time someone else talked about "TSB" ( its a dumb question so i apologize) they didn't respond. Just to be clear what that is and stands for.

Thanks again

Right. Technical Service Bulletin. Bulletins thrown out by Honda/Acura to address problems with the vehicle that they become aware of after a model is released. Sometimes, they become aware of the problem on their own, and other times the consumer is almost like a beta tester and they aren't aware of the problem until an owner brings a vehicle to the dealer for the problem.

Covered under warranty - usually you'll have to pay out of pocket once the warranty is done if you want the TSB performed. Not every vehicle will suffer from whatever problem the TSB addresses.

Unlike a recall, it's not something mandatory that the government enforces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right. Technical Service Bulletin. Bulletins thrown out by Honda/Acura to address problems with the vehicle that they become aware of after a model is released. Sometimes, they become aware of the problem on their own, and other times the consumer is almost like a beta tester and they aren't aware of the problem until an owner brings a vehicle to the dealer for the problem.

Covered under warranty - usually you'll have to pay out of pocket once the warranty is done if you want the TSB performed. Not every vehicle will suffer from whatever problem the TSB addresses.

Unlike a recall, it's not something mandatory that the government enforces.

(My old account wouldnt let me sign in) Thank you all for helping me with this issue and telling me it was to be done at no charge since it was still under the warranty. The dealer to no surprise was playing dumb and gave me a major run around about how it was gonna cost me at least the min 1 hour charge to get it diagnosed. After the guy " calling " different people to see what they could do to help. I was just about to give in, I told them about this forum and how I was told them multiple people it was covered and shouldnt be any cost to me. Long story short They fixed it free of charge

So thank you!

New thing I wanted to ask about though. When I'm turning there is a clunk noise as i turn occasionally.

Thanks in Advance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts