Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please look at the pictures. Pic 1 is driver's side. Pic 2 is passenger side. Pic 3 is both. This is at the rear closest to the spare tire. Would someone please have a look under their car for me. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Doesn't look broken to me.

Presumably you live in an area that uses salt on the road? I don't know how you guys do it, my OCD would never allow me to drive a new car in those conditions...I can't believe the corrosion on the diff bolts and housing. I have a crown vic with 180k miles on it and it has a light film of road grime but no rust.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was broken based on pic #2 where the differential is connected to the rubber bushing. In pic #1, the diff and the rubber bushing are not connected.

And, the salt... Ugh. It drives me nuts. I usually get Krown oil spray rustproofing on my cars, which makes a huge difference in the amount t of rust, but I bought this used. Funny enough, I have an appointment tomorrow to get the car Krown oil sprayed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've circled the two bushings and you can see only the passenger side (so lower bushing in the picture) is attached to the rear diff. The upper (driver's side) is not attached, but apparently, it's supposed to be like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
One is a support the other one is a bump stop... The differential has to have some give in order to avoid damage to the prop-shaft under load.

Reactions: rcy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.