Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my MDX in for service for a recall several months ago and since then my memory settings for driver 1 aren't working like they should. my seat stays in the correct memory position and never moves when the vehicle is on or off. the steering wheel is supposed to move down then out. it's only moving down. anyone know if this is the same issue the 08's had with a mirror acuator?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
You can try clearing and resetting the memory, for starters:

1. Turn the vehicle to the OFF (LOCK) mode.

2. Press and hold the SET button of the driving position memory switch.

3. Turn the vehicle to the ON mode.

4. Release the SET button of the driving position memory switch.

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 three more times.

NOTE:

Once memory is successfully cleared, the driving position memory switch indicator 1 and 2 are turned on for 3 seconds.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Awesome tip Tim. If you happen to know anymore useful procedures (even things like key programming if it doesn't require a physical device interface), please post whatever you can!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I took my MDX in for service for a recall several months ago and since then my memory settings for driver 1 aren't working like they should. my seat stays in the correct memory position and never moves when the vehicle is on or off. the steering wheel is supposed to move down then out. it's only moving down. anyone know if this is the same issue the 08's had with a mirror acuator?
If you are the only one driving the car,the seat doesn't move when you turn the car off. Only the wheel moves. The seat only moves based on the key fob. They may have changed that for 16. Bottom line. The steering moves when you shut off the car. The seat doesn't.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Elvis, there is an easy entry/exit mode where the seat moves down and the steering wheel moves away to allow easy entry and exit. Not sure if it's 2016 specific. Thought it was on all 3G MDXes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had the same issue, tried the played with the settings but no luck.

dealer replaced the battery and been perfectly fine since!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you sure that the other key fob is not inside the vehicle somewhere? Is it recognizing the correct key fob and not moving or does it say "Welcome Driver 2" but you are carrying key fob 1?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Elvis, there is an easy entry/exit mode where the seat moves down and the steering wheel moves away to allow easy entry and exit. Not sure if it's 2016 specific. Thought it was on all 3G MDXes.
Not the 14s. The seat doesn't move in the 14.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Seat definitely moves on the 16. But there are some weird things I have noticed. The seat does not store the height position with the FOB. If you change the seat height, it will just stick in that position whether you save the setting or not. If another driver changes the height, with another FOB, it will remain there when you get in. Same goes for the lumbar setting.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Seat definitely moves on the 16. But there are some weird things I have noticed. The seat does not store the height position with the FOB. If you change the seat height, it will just stick in that position whether you save the setting or not. If another driver changes the height, with another FOB, it will remain there when you get in. Same goes for the lumbar setting.
The lumbar setting never gets saved. The height should be saved though. It's part of the seat setting. I would check it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts