Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The production version of the all-new 2014 Acura MDX will be unveiled March 27, at the 2013 New York International Auto Show

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - All-New 2014 Acura MDX to Restake Luxury SUV Benchmark Status at the 2013 New York International Aut

The Acura press conference is scheduled for 12:10 PM (EDT) on March 27, 2013 inside the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Shortly after, the recorded press conference will be available for view on Acura Media Newsroom - Headlines and Acura - YouTube.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to order my 2014 MDX today...

My dealer emailed me and said he had to submit the first allocation order for the 2014 MDX today by noon. He said he would change one to what I wanted and to stop by before noon.
I went and found out the following bad news:
1. He could not order the AWD model, only the FWD model.
2. The Advance only came with the DVD entertainment system.
3. New Forest Metallic Paint with Eucalyptus Interior -no info.
4. Start Production in May and deliver in May 2014.
He could not yet order what I wanted. He tried to modify the online order sheet, but could not for what I wanted.
MDX is base on the following EARNED Allocation Calculation Formula:
MDX FWD – 8% RDX FWD Travel Rate & 20% MDX Availability
MDX FWD – 8% RDX FWD Travel Rate & 20% MDX Availability
Earned allocation is based on a 53 day travel rate
( I have no idea what this means)

Model FWD AWD
Base 26% 24%
Tech 59% 55%
Tech Ent 9% 14%
Adv Ent 6% 7%

Not all colors and options will be available for the first months build.
No pictures, no color chips.
He did say he drove on of the new RLX a month ago and it would steer itself thru turns without touching the steering wheel.
There are also many options to pay for like the XM Radio, and $109/year for the new Acura Link that has many functions.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am not impressed so far with what I have seen of this new model. Not all that much of a leap forward from what I can see.

Offering Front Wheel Drive dilutes the MDX brand, IMHO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show and wasn't overly impressed with the styling. It's not the big leap forward like the 2006 to the 2007 model. I suspect the electronics will be greatly improved, however. We leased a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan that is well ahead of the current Acura MDX in useful electronic gizmos. Acura needs to improve in this area.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Deliver in May 2014? That's more than a year away!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deliver Date of 2014 MDX

Deliver in May 2014? That's more than a year away!
4. Start Production in May and deliver in May 2014 <-Wrong. Should be: May 2013.

What happened to being able to edit a post?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show and wasn't overly impressed with the styling. It's not the big leap forward like the 2006 to the 2007 model. I suspect the electronics will be greatly improved, however. We leased a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan that is well ahead of the current Acura MDX in useful electronic gizmos. Acura needs to improve in this area.
Like what?

Town & country doesn't have AWD, correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
127 Posts
you cant be serious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
we saw pretty much the same design in detroit albeit as a prototype... but I was hoping a little bit of touches here and there (especially that ugly grill).. meh

looks almost the same as current RDX. Hope the interiors are upgraded enough to justify a gen bump.
Congratulations to the acura design team. They finally made the beak ugly on mdx as well.. this completes their ultimate goal of screwing up all their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I might change my mind when I see it at the NY auto show, but so far this is how I feel about it and pretty much any Acura model that has been released lately.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^Agreed! Why the update is so bland?

I think Acura figured this is the best selling vehicle they have so keep the update conservative and roll with it.

The new RLX, RDX, and MDX, now have essentially the same front end look. It's all blah!

I'm betting the TL will look the same too, which may actually help it as the current gen is a spaceship!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wow you guys are really negative on the new gen you know so little about. Lets get it into the dealers so we can sit drive feel it etc before dogging it. It can't be all that bad with the old dog x ranking as one of the best.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wow you guys are really negative on the new gen you know so little about. Lets get it into the dealers so we can sit drive feel it etc before dogging it. It can't be all that bad with the old dog x ranking as one of the best.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
It's the looks that we are not happy about, not the performance. Some cars photograph better than others and look different in real live. The RLX is an example, but it is, IMO, not that great looking either.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So if this new X looks so bad or bland...what are the competitive options of other brand vehicles with 3 rows that look so much better?....That you might actually consider buying...I would like to know...as I'm going to be in the market in the next year for 2014 or 2015 model.... I was hoping that this X will eventually come out with a hybrid version...anyone hear about that?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I like the interior. Exterior tweaks are minor and don't make the 2nd gens look very outdated.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts