Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, trying to see if anyone else has the same problems I have been having with my 2014 MDX Advance. my list is not in any particular order just things that randomly happen. I have driven this vehicle about 30k since I've owned it and love the car but can't figure out a rhyme or reason for these "gremlins"

-Trip A that resets with fill up will reset itself between fill ups sometimes.
-Steering wheel memory position will not return to "my position" if started normally but does if remote starter is used. This option used to work correctly but seemed to become intermittent and now not at all.
-Pandora option will disappear from source options on instrument cluster sometimes
-Pandora, after latest IOS apple update tries to reload after every 2-3 minutes when connected via bluetooth
-The fan settings will go to max fan when auto is used, auto will not light green, again random, changing temp does not fix.
-While driving, NAV reboots after screen goes blank, only happened once.
- 2 days ago I got a dashboard warning light "Remote start issue", battery in fob new recently. This warning does not go away but vehicle operates normally.

It almost seems like a hard reboot might fix everything and I have read about ECU resets but that seems like its just to reset for driving habits.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My 2017 has experienced a similar issue regarding the steering wheel memory. Most of the time it works fine, and the steering wheel and seat return to my pre-set position when I start the engine. Occasionally, however, the steering wheel doesn't move. When that issue occurs, the green "memory set" light stays off. If I push the memory button then the steering wheel does move. Sometimes I don't realize it didn't happen until I'm already in R/D and of course the memory button doesn't work while in-gear so I have to return the transmission to P to get my steering wheel where I like it. A bit annoying, but I haven't taken it into the dealer, yet; in fact, I have not decided if I will. I have to weigh the annoyance of the issue against the likelihood that the dealer will want to keep my vehicle all day (or longer), will almost certainly tell me they "can't reproduce" on at least the first visit, and then their solution would probably involve tearing my interior apart to replace a part with the result being 50/50 whether the issue is actually fixed but a 99.9% chance my interior will develop a few rattles, as a result. /rant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.