Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
My wife left a soda can in the cup holder in the left rear door. As temp went down the can bursted and made a hole in the door panel and I can see the white padding.

Any way to fix it instead of spending $300 for a new or used panel???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The part is usually $200 before shipping new, though I've seen it for less (around $170). You could look for a junkyard MDX to get the panel from. Look on car-part.com and search for the rear door trim panel under 2014-2017 range and you should find quite a few A grade panels. One may be close enough to pick up instead of ship. And then there's always ebay as well (e.g.: 2014 Honda Acura MDX Front Passenger Door panel liner trim 83500-TZ5-A01 Black | eBay)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Below are the pics--kindly let me know how to cover it--is there a padding from Home Depot or to replace the whole part to lower the outer noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
if the deductible on your comprehensive is zero let the insurance company pay to clean it up and fix it. Otherwise look in Craigslist for a 3rd generation being parted or buy a new one online. We just bought a $500 part online for 1/2 what the local dealers sell it for. Sometimes if you take an Internet quote to your local dealer they will match within $10 - $15 which is the price of shipping. I do that all the time. The $500+ part was an exception.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts