Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 2014 MDX Tech with about 75K miles. Appears to have been maintained regularly. Any common issues that I should be aware of, or other common failures that would occur in the near term? Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't think an Acura with 75k on it is that bad and should be a very reliable car if it has been maintained. I would make sure before I buy it all the fluids and other items that require regular maintenance have been done because it can get expensive it you have to pay a dealer to do the work. Remember at about 100,000 you want to do the timing belt change and that is an expensive item to have done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if these same issues apply to the '14, but I'd check that the torque converter recall/TSB has been done (at least that was relevant for our '09). If the car 'feels' like it was taken care of, go for it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would buy the lowest mileage MDX as you can afford. 75k mile is 3/4 of the life of a 100k mile car. I understand they can go 100k to 200k but if you ever want to sell it with starting off with 75k it's a hard sell to someone. Unless you can get a 75k MDX for $15k. Mileage is the Main thing when selling or buying, except condition. Your warranty is gone.. a lot of wear and tear items will need to be replaced.. shocks, struts, rear brakes, transmission flush.. even if you have to drive to pickup a lower mileage MDX it's worth it. CarMax will deliver it to your closes CarMax. Plus there's a lot of new web only used car places that give you 10 days to try it! If you don't like it they'll pick it back up. I used Beepi.com but I heard they got bought out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.