Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I started the car 2014 mdz awd with tech.. 70k miles and all the the warning lights came on. I found some posts here about this... but didn't really find a reason or solution to this. I had a car wash the night before.. not sure if that did something.. it was also super cold here and I had the batter replaced 4 months ago.. could the battery have caused it?

So I hooked up the OBD reader to check the codes... forgot what it said but just cleared the codes and the lights went off.. they are still off.. bit now I do not think the LDW is working.. haven't really tested other functions. Car runs fine.

Anyone have ideas?

Similar to this YouTube video
https://youtu.be/LjSlICWJ7-8

Similar to this

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I don’t think the idea behind the ODB reader is just to clear the codes. This is a little non specific to be asking for help. That being said,it could be the battery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think the idea behind the ODB reader is just to clear the codes. This is a little non specific to be asking for help. That being said,it could be the battery.

I know.. but if there is a problem, the codes should come right back..

Plus like I said the land departure warning might not be working

·
Registered
473 Posts
If car is running fine now i wouldn't worry. Yes the cold will and can effect the battery on start up! Once it warms up (the battery) it will be fine. The codes should come back yes after you cleared them if there is a real problem. The fact that you got all the lights confirms to me that the Cold weather at start up triggered the lights and that your battery is fine. Those of us in colder climates have engine block heaters, battery heaters, oil pan heaters that we use so we don't get these warnings in sub zero conditions which would be a regular occurrence otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Acura MDX having same issue all warning lights on while driving. Turn car off and when opening the door it seems to think you are getting into the car as the care moves the steering wheel to last remembered position. Battery has been checked and it Tested Good, even switched it with the battery in from my 2006 TL. Both batteries are 18 months old. Alternator test good. No error codes when reading with OBD. We have to make sure care is locked or the car stays in "accessory' mode and thus drains the battery.
Called Acura Dealership and their first 2 suggestions were bad battery and clearing the codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 MDX Advanced package and the same thing happened to me about 18 months ago. The lights came on when I started the car, and they remained on while I drove. The car drove and sounded fine. After I had driven it about 3-4 times this way, it returned to normal operation and the lights all went off. The same thing happened again this morning when I started the car. It turned over, started, and immediately shut off, after which all of the warnings cycled through on the dash. I turned the car off and started it again, but it cut off the same way. After the fourth attempt, it started and remained running, but the warning lights were still on. I drove the car and it sounded and drove normally. After going on errands and making 3 stops, I found that when I started the car the fourth time, all of the lights had gone off. I can't explain it, as the battery only about 16 months old and the temperature was in the 80's. Seems to be a strange quirk of this vehicle, but thankfully it has only happened twice in 6 years and 194K miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts