Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All. I just traded in my 2010 for a 2014 and was wondering if any of the issues I'm having have a fix for them yet?

The rear power tailgate lines don't match up when it closes to the rear panels. It sticks out a bit. tried adjusting the rubber stops but no go.

The voice commands for the heated seat? It takes the command but doesn't turn on the heater.

The steering wheel is making a rubbing noise when turning.

Chirping noise while at idle.

Rattle from overhead dvd player. I have the Tech/Entertainment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good Morning All. I just traded in my 2010 for a 2014 and was wondering if any of the issues I'm having have a fix for them yet?

The rear power tailgate lines don't match up when it closes to the rear panels. It sticks out a bit. tried adjusting the rubber stops but no go.

The voice commands for the heated seat? It takes the command but doesn't turn on the heater.

The steering wheel is making a rubbing noise when turning.

Chirping noise while at idle.

Rattle from overhead dvd player. I have the Tech/Entertainment.
The steering wheel and voice commands have a fix. Good luck, the 14 has been an interesting car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I went over the truck in detail the best I could and love it. These issues aren't huge but I'm glad there is a fix.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks, I went over the truck in detail the best I could and love it. These issues aren't huge but I'm glad there is a fix.
Don't know where you bought the car but,the service bulletin for the heated seats has been out for well over a year. I guess the previous owner didn't care. You'll have to take it to an Acura dealer to have the fix applied.
Body panels not lining up have been an issue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm assuming the previous owner didn't care either :) I'm glad there is a fix. Body panel not the end of the world but for that kind of money it should be better

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any of you know what the fix is for the voice command to turn on heated seats? Just so I have some knowledge before bringing it in? Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There's a definite fix for that. The fix is a software version update from version 1.xxx to 2.xxx. I had it done to my 2014 and verified it fixed it.

You can see the software version on your display if you check into the 'settings' area. There's now a version 3.xxx that should be applied that fixes the seat heater and some miscellaneous other bugs that you may or may not notice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Few things fixed

Voice commands are fixed, they did some sort of update for the steering wheel but didn't do anything. Turning the wheel fast left to right has what sounds like a very loud rubbing noise, was told all acuras with electric power steering have it?? My wife has a ilx and it does not have the rubbing sound.
Also this fricking ticking/chirping noise from the engine, was told it's the direct injection on all acuras but not on ilx. Frustrating

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Voice commands are fixed, they did some sort of update for the steering wheel but didn't do anything. Turning the wheel fast left to right has what sounds like a very loud rubbing noise, was told all acuras with electric power steering have it?? My wife has a ilx and it does not have the rubbing sound.
Also this fricking ticking/chirping noise from the engine, was told it's the direct injection on all acuras but not on ilx. Frustrating
Ticking heard from the outside is the injectors which is normal. If heard inside, that is not normal. See tsb 13-029 to see if you apply though.

Chirping definitely isn't normal, so if you have a combination noise, i recommend utilizing tsb 14-025.

Other folks with squeaking steering wheels had issues with the grease in the steering column adjuster drying out, so it binds the bushings. The rlx has a tsb but we don't. I believe it is 14-031.

Sadly a lot of the rlx problems appear on the mdx as well. Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts