Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have PO455 and PO456 trouble codes coming from my 2014 MDX. Took it to the dealer who was able to diagnose a leak in the evap fuel line. The car is not leaking fuel so I'm assuming this is for gas vapors. He said the line itself is not sold seperately from the tank so they would have to replace the entire fuel tank to the tune of two thousand six hundred bucks. Does anyone know if the hose can be replaced or repaired/sealed? This seems like a ridiculously high expense for such a simple problem. I just can't stomach dropping that much money for something like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I don't know the answer but I'd either check it myself or take it to an independent mechanic to see if they can just replace the faulty line. Dealers often do this - if it's not an official entire part they don't want to mess with it - ex replacing an entire wiring harness for thousands rather than just fixing the broken wire,

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
37 Posts
I assume the dealer charged you for diagnostics. Did they at least showed you where the leak is coming from? That code sometimes is either a gas cap or the canister purge valve. This are inexpensive parts so I'll start looking into this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts