Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had the car about a month and it came from California originally. My guess, they never noticed any water leaks with how little rain they get there. Now I am noticing today a good amount of water on the driver side carpet under the rubber floor mat plus there was some condensation built up on the inside corner of the driver window.

I searched the forums but couldn't really find any other posts that best match my situation.

Any thoughts? I am taking it back to the dealer on Tuesday.

See Photos

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had that condensation as well last March here in LA but no wet floor. But I didn't check under the floor mats though. I showed it to the dealer and they said they checked the gaskets for leaks and found nothing. I didn't see any wet spots on the roof lining either. I haven't seen it again and it's been raining here for 2 weeks now. Probably it's just really condensation.

Bring it to the dealer to check the wet spots on the floor.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1485137497.852267.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing on the roof lining and they just replaced the window run channel on the passenger side just the other week but this is all driver side..dropping it off on Tuesday. I just hope the carpet wasn't damaged and that I caught it early enough that it's not going to start growing mold!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
In addition to seeing that the seals are in good shape, the alignment of the door s/b checked. The 3rd gen, especially 2014, has some vehicles with poorly aligned body panels and doors. A poorly aligned door can leak around the seals even if the seal is in good condition. You can compare the gaps of that door to teh other doors to see if it seems out of kilter.

This probably isn't the problem with yours but I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my car just came back from the dealership after a week of running water tests on it...they couldn't locate any leaks back onto the carpet in that area after they dried it out. It's interesting that they mentioned to me that if they don't find something to fix they don't get paid but yet when I get my paperwork when I leave this was noted:

"During inspection for leakage while the engine is running with the AC system on, notice that the AC lines were completely frozen from the AC compressor to the evaporator core. Also notice that the blend doors no longer work when this occurs. This may be the water leakage due to her evaporator completely frozen and when the engine is off and the ice melts. It could be dripping on to the carpet."
car is still in warranty...I'm baffled at why they didn't fix THAT issue then?

I called them back to question that note but of course they're so busy they will call me tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts