Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?ve notice that recently when I push the button to lock it doesn?t beep anymore. Also, when clicking the remote to lock it doesn?t beep as well. Today the alarm has been going off throughout the day on its own. Will try to take it in this am. Any suggestion/advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Have you replaced the battery in your key FOB within the last couple of years? If not then replace it since it might be weak. I think it's a 2032 3v button cell battery. It's easy to replace and the battery can be found als=most anywhere. I created a thread here on the topic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm back. That latch replacement fixed it for about a month and the alarm is going off intermittently again. The chirp doesn't sound when I try to hit the button on the door nor the remote; however, the alarm is still triggering sporadically through the day. Any help/insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I'd probably take it back to that dealer and just tell them the issue started again. Maybe they need to tighten or adjust the latch or maybe it was really due to some wiring issue that got disturbed, in a good way, when the latch was replaced and now is a problem again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had this problem....I just disconnected the hood latch switch. Door alarms still arm unless you jump the pins in the switch. This was in my 2010 which I traded for a Sport Hybrid back in July.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts