Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
62500 miles, is making a rubbing/grinding noise making turns. Changed the Differential fluid 3 times(flush), still having the issue.
No problems while driving on straight line or making softer turns, the issue is only while making turns with load or tension in the steering wheel.
Have an appointment with Acura this Saturday(7/11), wanted to check if anyone experienced similar issues, any help/tips will be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
So, not to be sounding stupid, did you check your spare tire to insure it’s tight? I know my spare was loose and making a noise when going over bumps and turning quickly..

·
Registered
869 Posts
Think about the rear brakes. Make sure the pads aren’t worn down to the wear indicators.
Also, check that the metal splash shields aren’t making contact with the rotors. Sometimes they will rub on a rust ring on the outer edge of the rotor, or a stone will get stuck between the rotor and the splash shield. Sounds horrible, but all it takes is a tweak of the splash shield, which is slightly stiffer than an aluminum pie plate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Long shot... lugnuts torqued to spec?

If you only checked the rear wheel bearings, check the fronts too! Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from one and in fact coming from an opposite corner. Make sure you are checking for movement in multiple positions ie. 12-6, 9-3, 7-1, etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Similar noise in the rear when making turns (right or left) on our 2015, just started around 40K miles. Wondering if anyone definitively diagnosed issue?

Thanks,
VAGator

·
Registered
551 Posts
CV joint going out. How did the OP "check" his wheel bearings? Did he pull the axles and bearings or simply listen?
Noise during a turn sure sounds like bad CV joints to me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
When did you change your rear differential fluid?

If the fluid wears it can make a grinding noise almost like a rubber friction on turns.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Wondering if anyone definitively diagnosed issue?
If the people who start threads like this seeking assistance from others would do a post indicating what the final story, i.e. fix, was, it'd end up being useful to a lot of people but all too often they never come back and post what the end result was.

Once you figure out what's causing your issue,please post the solution back here so it can help others. I hope it ends up to be something simple and inexpensive.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wondering if anyone definitively diagnosed issue?
If the people who start threads like this seeking assistance from others would do a post indicating what the final story, i.e. fix, was, it'd end up being useful to a lot of people but all too often they never come back and post what the end result was.

Once you figure out what's causing your issue,please post the solution back here so it can help others. I hope it ends up to be something simple and inexpensive.
??????

·
Registered
24 Posts
In regards to noise in rear when making turns, dealer diagnosed and found the spare tire loose, they tightened, and my wife has not heard the noise since. It did not sound like a loose tire to me and jury is still out since I do not drive the MDX that often, but thought I would pass along since others have pointed this resolution out as well.

Thanks,
VAGator

1 - 14 of 14 Posts