Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
so this explains the pulsating like surges when accelerating either on the highway or going up a hill.

i couldnt pin point it and thought it was the tranny. based on the TSB it's the fluid deteriorating.

will have this checked out.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any luck with this? Mine does the exact same thing (2014 with 75,000 mi). Dealer just did software update but no improvement. Said the transmission might be going but is in the process of "uploading info to the factory" to see what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update. Just got done at the dealers and after a $600 "triple flush" of the transmission fluid the surging is now gone. Not sure if I understand the service bulletin giving "Warranty Claim Information" stating that the warrant is 8 year/80,0000 miles. Is that the warranty on the service work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same issue on 2014 Mdx, 71,000 mi. Took it in with the Service Bulletin and dealer said that they couldn't recreate the surging with their computer attached after 19 miles of driving.They would not do any work to fix the problem. Said if it happens again bring it in and they'd hook up the computer again to catch the codes. Anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im having the same issue on 2014 Mdx, 71,000 mi. Took it in with the Service Bulletin and dealer said that they couldn't recreate the surging with their computer attached after 19 miles of driving.They would not do any work to fix the problem. Said if it happens again bring it in and they'd hook up the computer again to catch the codes. Anyone else have the same issue?
This habit will not throw any code, I think you record a video or going to other dealer.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Update. Just got done at the dealers and after a $600 "triple flush" of the transmission fluid the surging is now gone. Not sure if I understand the service bulletin giving "Warranty Claim Information" stating that the warrant is 8 year/80,0000 miles. Is that the warranty on the service work?
$600 is a rip off, I think you need to talk to Acura customer affair to have them reimburse for you.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
$600 is a rip off, I think you need to talk to Acura customer affair to have them reimburse for you.
The work was done 10 months ago - I doubt if Acura would do anything at this point. In addition, I don't think that poster has been on here for the last 10 months so will probably never see your post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here! Just dropped off my vehicle this evening so we'll see what the verdict is tomorrow. I brought my car in to the Acura dealership a couple years ago around 50k miles due to the surging and was told they couldn't recreate the issue so they did not know how to help. A video is a great idea if I get the same result again this time. Let me know if anyone has updates on this issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts