Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2014 MDX with 45k miles on it. If I am driving between 40-50mph the car jerks badly. I either have to take my foot off the gas or gun it to get to a higher speed. I brought it back to the dealership shortly after buying it and they said they couldn't find anything and everything looked and tested okay, but it is slowly getting worse and driving me nuts. Any idea what this could be? Hoping it's not an arm and a leg to fix...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2014 MDX with 45k miles on it. If I am driving between 40-50mph the car jerks badly. I either have to take my foot off the gas or gun it to get to a higher speed. I brought it back to the dealership shortly after buying it and they said they couldn't find anything and everything looked and tested okay, but it is slowly getting worse and driving me nuts. Any idea what this could be? Hoping it's not an arm and a leg to fix...
The car is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. Did you have the tech ride in the car with you and show it to them, even record the ride. If it's as bad as you say and easily replicated, I would suggest doing that and there's no denying that it's normal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Possible TSB to address

Hello, I own a 2014 MDX Tech myself and experienced a similar issue although not exact. My issue occurred around 30MPH and I described it to the Nissan mechanic as the throttle being non-linear with its response. I would be cruising at a steady speed and I would see my tachometer jump 200-300 RPM's when this occurred. The mechanic felt he knew exactly what it was with that description. He referenced TSB 16-062, which is titled 'Judder from Torque Convert Lock-up Clutch'. The long and short of it is the mechanic agreed that he recognized the issue that I complained about and Acura proceeded with implementing the steps outlined in the TSB (update software of tranny and flushy tranny fluid). After the work was completed, my throttle was response was linear and I consider it repaired at this time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
same problem i had with mine, i had software updated and did drain and fill 3 times and it was fixed.drives perfect now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts