Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MDXers,

Have any of you come across this. Part of the rear passenger door handle is loose and the hook inside this part is broken. Does anybody know the part number of this to order? Will Acura service center fix it for free if under warranty? Pictures attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Hello MDXers,

Have any of you come across this. Part of the rear passenger door handle is loose and the hook inside this part is broken. Does anybody know the part number of this to order? Will Acura service center fix it for free if under warranty? Pictures attached.

Thanks!
Is this the outer garnish? The part that is toward the back that doesn't move when you pull the outer door handle (72643-TZ5-A11)? And which model do you have exactly (base, tech, adv)? Whether they fix it for you is up to them. Some will claim that this could only be done by damaging it yourself and if it was a manufacturing/part/installation issue, it would have happened sooner. Others will do it because they value your long term business. Very hard to say.

Oh nvm just noticed you had a second picture. Yeah the part number I posted should be it. http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-parts/2016/acura/mdx/tech-sh-awd-awp-trim/9-speed-automatic-engine/body-air-conditioning-cat/rear-door-locks-outer-handle-scat (part 15)

Looks to be a snap in type part.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello MDXers,

Thanks!
I assume your MDX is within the mileage limit for warranty. If so, your dealer will fix it N/C. I had a loose piece of window trim fall off when on a cross-country trip and it was replaced without question.. I can't see why this wouldn't be the same.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you find out how that is installed please advise. I bought one to put over my drivers door so I could conceal the keyhole. Its an old mod that was done on the older TL's. Basically you buy the one for the left rear door and exchange it for the drivers door. The part I bought has a metal piece attached to it. I have a feeling it is not supposed to come off like what happened to you. I believe the inner door panel has to be removed to install this piece. IF the chrome part can be separated so I can just snap it on without taking the door apart, then I would install it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I believe the OP's part has the metal portion still bolted in (which would require access from removing the door card, etc). bpd, are you able to see if the plastic chrome portion is simply clipped onto the metal? I have not seen any screw attachments between the metal and the plastic chrome on the part diagrams.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok, looks like it is very easy to separate the metal base from the plastic cover. Just insert a screwdriver and lightly pry apart at the side closest to the door handle. I showed where the screwdriver goes, but you need to insert the screwdriver from the top in the same area. The cover easily snaps back on.
Looking at the door handle on the car, it looks a bit difficult to see the area to pry due to the rubber gasket covering it. Im a bit concerned denting the door when inserting a screwdriver. Needs to be a very small shaft screwdriver to pry on it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts