Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

2013 Tech Remote Starter Add On

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Mocchi 
#1 ·
Hello:
Has anyone added the Acura Remote Start Kit (08E91-E22-200B) to their Second Generation MDX? Was it difficult? Worth the money? Here is a link to the product.

Thank you

#11 ·
I have used the Stock Acura remote starter on my TLX Elite that one worked flawlessly, on the MDX its third party and been working flawlessly since last 5 years. Its a tiny remote which i have added to the keychain, only downside with this one is that I cant switch off the car remotely(or may be I haven't figured out how). This was installed by the acura dealer from whom i bought the car as CPO.

#4 ·
i bought this its 100% plug & play and uses the stock remotes lock button to start

#15 ·
I went aftermarket with the Compustar
Model: RF-2WT10-SS
Model: RS1B-DC3
$556 installed by Best Buy.
Usually I don’t like to buy or get stuff installed at big box stores, but I knew the installer since he’d worked there for 15 years. I use the included two way remote that tells me a bunch of info or I could still use oem remotes.

#17 ·
I went aftermarket with the Compustar
Model: RF-2WT10-SS
Model: RS1B-DC3
$556 installed by Best Buy.
Usually I don’t like to buy or get stuff installed at big box stores, but I knew the installer since he’d worked there for 15 years. I use the included two way remote that tells me a bunch of info or I could still use oem remotes.
Hello: You have two model numbers listed above, are they the same? Or are two kits required for this one? Please let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.