1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
322 Posts
i bought this its 100% plug & play and uses the stock remotes lock button to start

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would go with the stock one simply for the purpose of being able to reuse the factory remote.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to get this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you
i bought this its 100% plug & play and uses the stock remotes lock button to start
Thanks!!! I will check this one out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go with the stock one simply for the purpose of being able to reuse the factory remote.

Looking at the available information online I would get a new remote with the kit (I hope two?) I am not sure if the new remote will also work the doors and hatch?
Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are out of stock on them right now.

·
Registered
322 Posts

the stock remote is used with this kit by pressing the unlock button 3 times

·
Registered
319 Posts
teknocrat
Range is not a concern, more concerned with reliability. Do you have experience with the Acura System?
I have used the Stock Acura remote starter on my TLX Elite that one worked flawlessly, on the MDX its third party and been working flawlessly since last 5 years. Its a tiny remote which i have added to the keychain, only downside with this one is that I cant switch off the car remotely(or may be I haven't figured out how). This was installed by the acura dealer from whom i bought the car as CPO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went aftermarket with the Compustar
Model: RF-2WT10-SS
Model: RS1B-DC3
$556 installed by Best Buy.
Usually I don’t like to buy or get stuff installed at big box stores, but I knew the installer since he’d worked there for 15 years. I use the included two way remote that tells me a bunch of info or I could still use oem remotes.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went aftermarket with the Compustar
Model: RF-2WT10-SS
Model: RS1B-DC3
$556 installed by Best Buy.
Usually I don’t like to buy or get stuff installed at big box stores, but I knew the installer since he’d worked there for 15 years. I use the included two way remote that tells me a bunch of info or I could still use oem remotes.
Hello: You have two model numbers listed above, are they the same? Or are two kits required for this one? Please let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts