Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

Probably a very basic question, and one I should have addressed a long time ago. But can someone please confirm the correct behavior of the power liftgate on a 2013 MDX? Since this was the first vehicle I ever owned with a power liftgate, I assumed it was working as designed, but now I think it might not be, and may not have been working correctly from day 1.

• When I press the button in the drivers side door next to the fuel door release, the liftgate rises/lowers automatically.
  • When I press the button on the remote, the liftgate rises/lowers automatically.
  • When the liftgate is open, if I press the "close" button on the liftgate, the liftgate closes.
  • When the liftgate is closed, if I press the "open" buttone on the liftgate, the liftgate unlatches, but must be raised manually.

Me thinks this last item behavior is incorrect. This is how it has been since day one of picking the car up from the dealer. And I want to get it fixed if it is indeed incorrect.

Thanks much.

Paul
Wakefield MA

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Same as my 11 MDX. The only thing I would add is I have to unlock the door(s) before I can open the hatch with the remote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, it seems like this is the "correct" behavior. I just find it very odd that there is power liftgate that doesn't rise under it's own power when the open button is pressed, it seems like that is the most obvious time for it to lift under it's own power. I'm 99% sure there newer versions do (was playing with one at the dealer while in for service).

Thanks for confirming.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts