1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Why you need new ground?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Was just thinking preventative measures as the copper cable is fully oxidized.
It is fine, if you want clean it with baking soda and water. You could add additional ground....:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You could go to Home Depot and build yourself a heavy duty ground cable for under $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then you have to buy nice lugs, heat shrink and nice crimping tools. If one does not plan to replace all those major cables, just buy one off shelf is pretty efficient, dollar-wise.

But I have a question, why is OP's cable so expensive? What is special about 13 model year's cable? Thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Then you have to buy nice lugs, heat shrink and nice crimping tools. If one does not plan to replace all those major cables, just buy one off shelf is pretty efficient, dollar-wise.

But I have a question, why is OP's cable so expensive? What is special about 13 model year's cable? Thanks in advance for advice.
The OP is looking at the wrong item! That $100 cable come with everything including the sensor

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The OP is looking at the wrong item! That $100 cable come with everything including the sensor

Am I? It appears to be one piece, nothing appears to be removable. Its completely different than the earlier years, hench my original question.
I could clean the exposed copper with baking soda etc, but that does nothing for the cable under the wire insulation, as it goes straight through. I had issues with the exact same oxidation on a BMW 7 series, electrical gremlins left and right, all due to an oxidized ground cable. So, again, this is the reason I inquired, as it seems absolutely stupid that a $14 cable is over $100 due to a design change. (Unless someone can tell me how that sensor can be removed from said cable)

·
Registered
653 Posts
My friend, just add additional ground, or you could couple different grounding points. It would be much better than a new cable.
I have couple grounding points on my Infiniti:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I looked to see if Rock Auto carries it and they don't

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is there a way to modify the same cable for an earlier 2nd Gen to work on a 13? They're only around $30.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Everything in that circuit looks like it came off an 84 wellcraft center console

1 - 14 of 14 Posts