Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone see any rumors about the 3rd Gen MDX? It should be the 2013 model. Refresh is every 6 years. I'm hoping for a Turbo 6 cylinder or a V8 engine. I need more low end torque. I like BMW's inline turbo 6. 300hp, 300 torque @1500rpm. No lag.. love that engine.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
anyone see any rumors about the 3rd Gen MDX? It should be the 2013 model. Refresh is every 6 years.
A car is redesigned at the start of a new generation, such as the 2001 and 2007 MDX. A redesign is expected for 2013.

A refresh is the term used when modest appearance changes are made, but the basic technology remains the same. A refresh was done to the MDX in 2004 and 2010.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Symantics. You know what I meant.. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hear ya on the low end torque. Definitely much love for the relatively high-strung V6 currently under the hood, but the engines you mentioned, or even a diesel, would be a bonus (for me since I tug a small trailer occasionally). Not to mention, a little extra grunt off the line wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
69 Posts
is honda going to develop a brand new engine is the question? I think supertech said that the current MDX engines are part of the honda J series engines, which have been found in the accord, pilot, ridgeline, TL, CL, RL, and the ZDX in different variations. It debuted in 1996. Honda J engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

are they going to debut a direct injection engine finally? an engine designed from the ground up with an emphasis on torque that can be used in the TL/MDX/ZDX and other cars is what they should go for.

edit: forgot about the RDX, I truly hope a twin turbo MDX is in the making, that would be sweet.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't mind "downgrading" to the next Gen RDX if they improve its looks and add a twin scroll turbo to get rid of its turbo lag.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The RDX has a turbo.
Really??? Why didn't I think of that? Oh wait... ;)

it has a higher compression ratio and is made out of more aluminum, but otherwise it is the same architecture. did you read the wikipedia entry?
You posted like you couldn't think of any cars sold by Honda/Acura with a turbocharger, so I gave you a link to one that does. End of story. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really??? Why didn't I think of that? Oh wait... ;)

You posted like you couldn't think of any cars sold by Honda/Acura with a turbocharger, so I gave you a link to one that does. End of story. :rolleyes:
I was only clearing up your slight misinformation. Sure, they have been selling the engine since 2006, but its architcure is based in 1996 and the changes are minimal. sorry for forgetting the RDX, apparently that made you angry. must be a chicago thing :confused:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I was only clearing up your slight misinformation. Sure, they have been selling the engine since 2006, but its architcure is based in 1996 and the changes are minimal. sorry for forgetting the RDX, apparently that made you angry. must be a chicago thing :confused:
I'm not angry. But there was NO misinformation in my post; they've been selling the turbo-equipped RDX since 2006, like I said. And you're being a d*ck for trying to start an argument after getting an accurate answer to your question, and for posting insults on the forums. Some people use these forums to share accurate information about our cars, in a constructive and respectful manner. You ought to try doing so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" itxtNodeId="10" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY itxtNodeId="12" itxtHarvested="0"><TR itxtNodeId="13" itxtHarvested="0"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2 itxtNodeId="14" itxtHarvested="0">Originally Posted by techm8n
anyone see any rumors about the 3rd Gen MDX? It should be the 2013 model. Refresh is every 6 years. I'm hoping for a Turbo 6 cylinder or a V8engine. I need more low end torque. I like BMW's inline turbo 6. 300hp, 300 torque @1500rpm. No lag.. love that engine.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The only word I hear from Canada is it will be longer for 3rd row.
Spy cam will tell next year.
Longer will prob have adverse effect on SH-AWD.
What it really should have is direct ignition in the same manner
as Acura made noise on with their I Tech engine some 10 years ago...
Others get a 10% boost {MPG, HP, T} with D.I. and Honda Acura
quoted 20% boost years ago then did little to bring into production.
Note - they use D.I. in their race cars.
Perhaps the oil companies hold the license and distribution rights.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1 - 18 of 18 Posts