Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 MDX recently started having whistling sound when AC is on. It comes and goes and sometimes can be very difficult to duplicate. Sent in the shop once but they can't duplicate it. (But when you need to drive it whole day long, you hear it several times in a day.)

I took a video clip below,

By the end of the video, you will hear it. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks. :crying2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having a hard time viewing your video. DO you hear the sound inside or outside ? Is it coming from the Compressor when it cycles on/off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this issue not too long ago, it would whistle randomly. I haven't heard it since I did my timing belt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2013 MDX. Problem only occurs when the A/C is on and can occur when stopped with the engine idling or at other speeds.

When I am driving it sounds like the sound is coming from the dash but when a passenger is in the car they feel like it is coming from behind us. I wonder if it is the expansion valve, since I have seen other mentions about that. Where is that located?

I have had the compressor and blower motor replaced by the dealer but the sound persists.

·
Registered
695 Posts
7 Dwarfs in the dash?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts