Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Newly registered but have relied on feedback from this community for years now so thank you.

I have a 2013 MDX base with 112k miles. Just recently had timing belt service including water pump, drive belt, tensioner etc. Timing belt/water pump kit from continental part number pp329lk2. Drive belt component kit Gates 90K38332. Shortly after getting it back there is a noise that is present when the vehicle is put into gear. The sound is not present when in park or neutral. Is this related to the timing/drive belt or water pump service or perhaps unrelated? Any thoughts on what I’m dealing with and how I can determine the issue sans another trip to the tech? Video with sound of the chatter here

Thanks in advance for your advice/feedback.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
check power steering fluid level and also trans fluid level, when you put the car in gear RPM's lower so it can cause a noise in a variety of areas. Did they do the spark plugs also?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did 3x drain and fill yesterday so trans fluid is straight. Will double check PS fluid. Didn’t do plugs. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks in advance for your advice/feedback.
First thing to do is to remove the drive belt and start the car, put it into gear and see if the sound is still there.

If it's not, then it's something to do with the drive belt itself (rubbing, etc) or with any pulleys on the components driven by the belt (so compressor, alternator, steering pump or the tensioner).

If it's still there, well, then it's probably a TB component (rubbing, pulley, tensioner, pump, etc).

Was the water pump changed with the TB? Were all the pulleys and hydraulic tensioner changed? If yes, were OEM parts used?

·
Registered
322 Posts
i wouldnt touch anything, i would bring it back to who ever did the TB job, thats definitely serpentine or TB related, and they just had all of that apart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts