Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this vehicle. I have a Bluetooth issue, the connection for phone and music is slow to connect and buggy, I CANNOT use WHAT's APP calling feature, when I try to answer the call it disconnects the Bluetooth, if I try to switch to bluetooth manually, the Bluetooth disconnects.

is there a solution, does anyone have any suggestions, thanks

Ian

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I might be wrong, but I don't think the smartphone over BT can be used for calls other than via regular smartphone native phone app and BT music streaming in 2010+ models.

As for the connection being buggy, perhaps, your smartphone is not entirely compatible?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be wrong, but I don't think the smartphone over BT can be used for calls other than via regular smartphone native phone app and BT music streaming in 2010+ models.

As for the connection being buggy, perhaps, your smartphone is not entirely compatible?
Thanks for the reply i have a 2013 Rx350 it works perfectly no delays in connection and what's app call also works perfectly,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah whatsapp Calling doesn't work in 2G MDX BT.

Connection of phone can be slow sometimes, there is no clear answer in all of my fiddling. With same phone most times it connects fine but just sometimes it just wont connect.

one thing I have noted is that if I remote start the car, the phone is connected by the time I open the door to sit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thansk, do you know if changeling the Bluetooth module make a difference
Not really, the stock BT doesnt support it. You can try one of those BT modules that attach to XM radio port but I am not sure if anyone has tested that one for Whatsapp Calling.

Like AA mentioned other options are expensive but can enable a lot of features for 2.5G MDX. I have the Navtool and am happy with it. Details in my signature

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really, the stock BT doesnt support it. You can try one of those BT modules that attach to XM radio port but I am not sure if anyone has tested that one for Whatsapp Calling.

Like AA mentioned other options are expensive but can enable a lot of features for 2.5G MDX. I have the Navtool and am happy with it. Details in my signature
Thanks for the prompt feedback ,I got enough info to ponder

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the prompt feedback ,I got enough info to ponder
Ok so this happened today, I was driving and recieved a call on my cell and on the car's HFL, when I looked at the phone it looked like a Whatsapp call, I was shocked, i accepted the call and it worked just like a regular call, i double checked it and it was indeed a whatsapp call. Not sure how it worked this time.

In case it helps, mine is a 2011 Acura MDX Tech + Entertainment Model. Phone is Pixel 2 XL with latest updates.

And no the phone was not connected to Navtool just regular BT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so this happened today, I was driving and recieved a call on my cell and on the car's HFL, when I looked at the phone it looked like a Whatsapp call, I was shocked, i accepted the call and it worked just like a regular call, i double checked it and it was indeed a whatsapp call. Not sure how it worked this time.

In case it helps, mine is a 2011 Acura MDX Tech + Entertainment Model. Phone is Pixel 2 XL with latest updates.

And no the phone was not connected to Navtool just regular BT.
Thanks for your reply, I have not been able to receive what's app calls, have you received other what's app calls? since your first call

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I have not been able to receive what's app calls, have you received other what's app calls? since your first call
No, due to current situation not much driving so have not received or made another call, will give it a try whenever possible and update here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will try it again i will go out to the car maybe a recent update of whats app allows this on this phone, it works just fine in our RX350

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
it works just fine in our RX350
It is a different car, though. Different brand and different model. There should be no expectation for the same to be working in other cars.

This goes both ways. For example, on a Lexus you likely need to re-program new TPMS sensors in order for the car to recognize them. In an MDX that's not needed at all - the receivers just pick up the OEM sensors right away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried both same problems.
I have a Samsung note 10, when make or receive a call, the Bluetooth connection on my phone disconnects, I have to manually reconnect Bluetooth on my phone to be able to use hands-free in the car. If I had known about all these Bluetooth problems, I would not have bought this car. if you have any suggestion please let me know. thanks
is there any sort of firmware update for the bluetooth module?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts