Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: First time posting and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
My 2013 MDX is leaking washer fluid from the Left Headlight washer assembly and I need to replace it.
The Acura dealer wants almost $200.00 for the part and then another 2 hours of labour to replace.
Doing some research and it appears it is not a difficult job for the DIY.
Do I need to purchase the part from an Acura dealer? Or is there better options that will allow me to save some $?
Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Phil

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Well, you can try and find a used part (which, in my opinion, is not worth it, because those are not much cheaper than the new item).

Also, you have to take into account that there are mostly US folks on this forum with very few of us, Canadians. And the US models do not have headlight washers in any trim, so it's unlikely anyone would advise anything from their experience here.

And yes, I know any new components of the headlight washer system are very expensive, I got a quote from Acura in Toronto as my friend overseas wanted to install headlight washers on his imported US model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you can try and find a used part (which, in my opinion, is not worth it, because those are not much cheaper than the new item).

Also, you have to take into account that there are mostly US folks on this forum with very few of us, Canadians. And the US models do not have headlight washers in any trim, so it's unlikely anyone would advise anything from their experience here.

And yes, I know any new components of the headlight washer system are very expensive, I got a quote from Acura in Toronto as my friend overseas wanted to install headlight washers on his imported US model.
Thanks AA.
I was not aware that Canadians are in the minority here....good to know.
Unless someone has another suggestion....I will probably order the part from my local GTA Acura dealer and pay a lot of $ for the part but save $ by installing it myself.

Philly

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I will probably order the part from my local GTA Acura dealer and pay a lot of $ for the part but save $ by installing it myself.
It should be DIYable.

Not sure if you are from Toronto, but if you are, if you want, you can let me know which PN you are looking for, I can get a quote from my guys at Downtown Acura and see if it's any cheaper, as I have a discount with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should be DIYable.

Not sure if you are from Toronto, but if you are, if you want, you can let me know which PN you are looking for, I can get a quote from my guys at Downtown Acura and see if it's any cheaper, as I have a discount with them.
Thanks AA, I am in Mississauga. Part # is 76885-STX-C01 (Left Headlight)
I appreciate it.
Phil

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Phil,

Just got a response from the dealer:

Your price $140 + hst

That's Downtown Acura dealer, so you'll have to travel there. Not sure if it's worth for you to travel from Mississauga, but hit me up at [email protected] to figure out logistics.

Bogdan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts