Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I do not post often but want to document recent service on our 2012 MDX:

We have 43K on our MDX that we purchased new, in August we decided to extend the warranty and am very thank full that we did.

Previously we had the passenger side CV boot, timing belt and tension-er replaced. The latter two were replaced around 30K due to a groaning sound, but never really fixed the problem.

The groaning sound from the steering and a high whining sound would present it self when the key was turn to the accessory position when it was very cold outside.

Turns out that:
(1) The seals on the steering rack failed, the bellows are sealed very well so we could not see any leaking fluid
(2) The resulting fluid loss caused the impeller on the pump to start to fail causing the groaning sound.

(3) The high whining pitch was the CD changer

I'm thankful that we got the extended warranty, the total cost for repairs was > $3K

·
Registered
11 Posts
what was the cost of the stearing rack and pump. I have some noise from power stearing and service center said it was normal. I think once my warranty runs out it wont be normal and then they hit me with service costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did not list the costs on the Invoice.

Here are the part numbers for the service and the parts

5131J4 Steering Gear Box Assembly - replace
(1) 53601-STX-A02 Steering Rack
(2) 53536-S0X-A01 Washer, Tab

512100 Power Steering Pump - Replace
(1) 56100-RYE-A04RM P/S Pump, Core ID
(2) 08206-9002A Fluid, P/S

4161C7 Front Stabilizer Links, Both - Replace
(1) 51320-S0X-C01 Link, FR. Stabilizer
(4) 90362-SZA-A00 Nut, Flange (12 mm)

Good Luck RBT

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm thankful that we got the extended warranty, the total cost for repairs was > $3K
I totally agree...there is no way in hell I would own a Acura MDX without an extended warranty. Once my warranty expires...I will be selling. Can't afford it with out a warranty

It maybe a reliable motor car, but it has it issues, and many at that. Issues that I do not experience with Toyota brand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts